tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Suspended My Cards

@NoNonsense wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@NoNonsense wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

I googled before I read this and found ugly threads with tough sounding posters but I get it.  It was like reading the scary black sheep cousins of myfico.  Eeek.  I feel dirty now and I'm off to take a shower!

EDIT: Let me reiterate that the OP did not do this.  The term MS popped up and I didn't know what it meant so I asked. 

How are you so sure about what the OP really did or didn't do?!?  

Of couse we can't be SURE he didn't but he did specificly say in his OP that he didn't. 

I know he SAID that.  I also know another fact: Chase are not stupid or irrational people.  So?.....  

In cases like these you kinda have to take the OP's word for it, otherwise there isn't a point in talking to anyone over the internet as anyone could be lying at any moment, lets just continue to be supportive to the OP.

In terms of Chase: I don't think they are stupid or irrational either (the people who make these decisions ) but that doesn't mean everything they do and every decision they make makes sense.  

Message 71 of 235
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@oilcan12 wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@blondy250 wrote:

I have a feeling Chase is going after people who MS, or have a history of it. I wouldn't be surprised to see if a they send out a new T&C specifically restricting it.

It wouldn't surprise me, but I really don't have a history of MS on my accounts. I've maxed out the Q1 category, but that's because I share my card for gas (for reimbursement) with family and I reload my Starbucks card with my Freedom. My Marriott hasn't been used extensively. 

I know this is no time for joking but if a person were to have all of her accounts shut down for excessive Starbucks usage that would be the Ultimate White Girl Problem.

You almost made me spit my drink onto my keyboard with this one Smiley Happy

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 72 of 235
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@NoNonsense wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@NoNonsense wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

I googled before I read this and found ugly threads with tough sounding posters but I get it.  It was like reading the scary black sheep cousins of myfico.  Eeek.  I feel dirty now and I'm off to take a shower!

EDIT: Let me reiterate that the OP did not do this.  The term MS popped up and I didn't know what it meant so I asked. 

Of couse we can't be SURE he didn't but he did specificly say in his OP that he didn't. 

I know he SAID that.  I also know another fact: Chase are not stupid or irrational people.  So?.....  

If you really want to get down to it, Chase are not people at all.  Chase are financial insitution.  Actions of Chase are not representative of intelligence of everyone who works for them.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 73 of 235
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@NoNonsense wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@NoNonsense wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

And now its my time to defend myself, no?

I strictly bought legitmate purchases on my Chase cards. The Freedom was used for gas, movies, and Starbucks refill (maintaining stereotypes, y'know) while the Marriott was used for dining at an establishment that did not take Discover. I bought gift cards that were subsequently gifted to my mother and father for their anniversary once, and they were $25 apiece.

You're also out of luck because I maintain receipts of all my transactions until statements post. You're more than welcome to see them if you are still doubtful.

Message 74 of 235
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@NoNonsense wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@NoNonsense wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

I strictly bought legitmate purchases on my Chase cards. The Freedom was used for gas, movies, and Starbucks refill (maintaining stereotypes, y'know) while the Marriott was used for dining at an establishment that did not take Discover. I bought gift cards that were subsequently gifted to my mother and father for their anniversary once, and they were $25 apiece.

You're also out of luck because I maintain receipts of all my transactions until statements post. You're more than welcome to see them if you are still doubtful.

I'm pretty sure most everyone here believes you.  Check out that guy's post history...that's just how he is.  Keep us posted, and GL.  Smiley Tongue

FICO Scores 800+
Message 75 of 235
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

I know, it just irritates me.

I'll keep you guys posted after I call on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Message 76 of 235
myjourney
Super Contributor

Lively debates and addressing different opinions are the foundation of a good discussion 

But be warned some are starting to get on my nerves and that not an easy task I'm mild mannered.

2 posters on this thread seem to cause problems on multiple threads constantly and I'm sure you know who you are

And I have been following you around lately so I read all your comments / flaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT STOPS NOW

If you can't say anything nice.

Can't respect others 

Have no positive comments, support or haven't bothered to read the FSR thread = friendly supportive and respectful 

Then 

MJ

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 77 of 235
JLK93
Established Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

I know, it just irritates me.

I'll keep you guys posted after I call on Monday. Fingers crossed.

I suspect that everything is going to be fine.

Message 78 of 235
NoNonsense
Established Member

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@NoNonsense wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@NoNonsense wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

I don't doubt YOU.  I doubt ALL one sided issues presented to me, here or anywhere else.  Because, not always, but usually there are two sides to the story.  And we don't have the other side.  So, either we believe one side as gospel, and then find the other party's actions as nonsensical or we assume there is more to the story that we don't know.  It might be because you don't know that side of the story either... but there is another side.  Maybe you are doing some innocent action that for some reason flags as not so innocent on their computers, who knows?

People are too quick here to find and label villains, CHASE is this, BARCLAY did that, BoA...   That doesn't serve anybody either.  If you update us on the progression of this case we might learn something as more facts on what the problem the other side has is revealed...Maybe they have a valid reason, maybe they have an invalid reason, but they have a reason "they believe" is valid.

Message 79 of 235
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Thank you for the reminder MJ.

Message 80 of 235
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.