Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Suspended My Cards

tag
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Chase Suspended My Cards

I tried to buy some coffee this morning, but my Freedom was declined. I thought it was odd because I just paid off my statement balance and I wasn't doing any MS. However, I called them and they said my accounts were suspended pending further review of my profile and identity. It sounds like they're evaluating my risk. Does this happen a lot?

My Freedom and Marriott Premier are locked. The Ink Bold (employee card) is still functional according to the account holder.

Message 1 of 235
234 REPLIES 234
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Suspended My Cards

O my....I hope everything gets sorted out and your accounts are back reinstated..  What's going on w/ Chase? Geez

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 235
Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds like what Chase is doing to another poster just yesterday (they closed most of his accounts).
Message 3 of 235
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

That's what I'm hoping too, Yude. I'm hoping I just need to talk to someone in a branch like the last time. I really hope my accounts are okay. 

Message 4 of 235
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Oh no! What's going on with these Chase AA's?!?
Message 5 of 235
newUser0
Established Contributor

Just curious?

How will it looks like when you log in to online account? Will it display "closed" on the card number? Or they will remove the cards from being displayed online at all??

I am checking my chase online account too frequently (Every hour) after reading all these..

Message 6 of 235
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

It won't even let me log in. It says "account has been restricted." Then it gives me the customer service number. It happened when I had to verify my ID, but they said it's a different matter now. 

Message 7 of 235
newUser0
Established Contributor

Oh! Sorry

Did you try calling them? They have requested a SSA-89 form from me. May be they might ask some thing like this for you too.

Message 8 of 235
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Yes I did. It says they're still looking into it, and I'll have to wait until they reach a decision. I'm not good at the waiting game. Smiley Sad

Maybe I should send an email to the EO? Maybe that's a bit extreme, but I'd like to get this resolved so I can use my cards again. 

Message 9 of 235
blondy250
Established Contributor

I have a feeling Chase is going after people who MS, or have a history of it. I wouldn't be surprised to see if a they send out a new T&C specifically restricting it.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 10 of 235
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.