Dec 2013 EQ/751 TU/730 EX 762

Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 161 of 235
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Suspended My Cards

@red259 wrote:

I didn't realize we had soo many ritz fans here! 

Can't speak for anyone else, but I am partial to "classic" American luxury and elegance.

Message 162 of 235
mirachi
Regular Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

To answer the income question, my total CLs do exceed my income by a fairly substantial margin. I will note that three accounts are joint, so it was not solely my income on the application.

Right, so I'm just gonna start panicking over here yes? LOL and keep a very close eye on your situation

*panic* *panic*

Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Message 163 of 235
Open123
Super Contributor

@mirachi wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

To answer the income question, my total CLs do exceed my income by a fairly substantial margin. I will note that three accounts are joint, so it was not solely my income on the application.

Right, so I'm just gonna start panicking over here yes? LOL and keep a very close eye on your situation

*panic* *panic*

Ordinarily, absence of other factors, having CLs exceed income in of its own isn't cause for aggressive AA.

Message 164 of 235
red259
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@mirachi wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

*panic* *panic*

Ordinarily, absence of other factors, having CLs exceed income in of its own isn't cause for aggressive AA.

+1 There are a number of examples we have seen where people have more credit than income. Of course, when this is combined or part of sudden increases in credit it can become more of a factor. I suspect the takeaway from all of this is that as always when dealing with credit , slow and steady wins the race.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 165 of 235
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@mirachi wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

*panic* *panic*

+1

I've heard of people having combined CLs that were 4 times their income. If you have an established file with well-documented payment history, your income seems to play less of a role.

Message 166 of 235
enharu
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@mirachi wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

*panic* *panic*

+1 There are a number of examples we have seen where people have more credit than income. Of course, when this is combined or part of sudden increases in credit it can become more of a factor. I suspect the takeaway from all of this is that as always when dealing with credit , slow and steady wins the race.

Except waiting can be a PITA Smiley Tongue

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 167 of 235
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

+1

To each his own, but like anything else in life, I don't believe in waiting or getting permission.  Just go and get it, the hell with what "they" say or preach. Carpe Diem!

Message 168 of 235
enharu
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

+1

To each his own, but like anything else in life, I don't believe in waiting or getting permission.  Just go and get it, the hell with what "they" say or preach. Carpe Diem!

when you phrase it that way, it sounds a little like assault LOL.

mod edit-as to not violate TOS~Lexie

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 169 of 235
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

+1

when you phrase it that way, it sounds a little like assault Lol

LOL...well, I should have added, sieze the moment, but nothing illegal!

mod edit-as to not violate TOS~Lexie

Message 170 of 235
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.