Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase TRIPLE HP'd me!

tag
jgbishop
Valued Member

Re: Chase TRIPLE HP'd me!

Well I did call. CSP was also approved but only for 5K. United Explorer was 12K. I would actually like to have those "switched". Would that be something calling an analyst might be able to do? Essentially asking for a CLI.

Starting Score: TU (myFICO) , EQ (myFICO) 620 , EX (PlusScore) 661 [1/1/13]
Current Score:font> TU (myFICO) 678 , EQ (myFICO) 660 , EX (PlusScore) 706 [6/11/13]
Goal Score: 750+ All Three

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats again. You can move the CL - you might want to do it on activation or even ask again for CLI on your CSP at activation
Message 12 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@jgbishop wrote:
Well I did call. CSP was also approved but only for 5K. United Explorer was 12K. I would actually like to have those "switched". Would that be something calling an analyst might be able to do? Essentially asking for a CLI.

well congrats on the CSP approval also. Not sure if you can cuz the accounts were just approved but doesnt hurt to ask. If you do recon your CSP limit most likely it will be another HP (which i dont think you want right now). But it doesnt hurt to ask if you could maybe move some of your limit from the United to the CSP. Good luck and keep us posted.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 13 of 15
jgbishop
Valued Member

Thanks for all of the help. I think I'll do like Lexie suggests and try with activation. I'll see if they can do it on a soft pull or based on the previous reports used to approve the card. If not, its not a big deal but it would be nice. I'll let you guys know if something does change. 

Starting Score: TU (myFICO) , EQ (myFICO) 620 , EX (PlusScore) 661 [1/1/13]
Current Score:font> TU (myFICO) 678 , EQ (myFICO) 660 , EX (PlusScore) 706 [6/11/13]
Goal Score: 750+ All Three

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@528491 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

I'm starting to notice a pattern that Chase will HP all three bureaus when you're not instantly approved for a card, which makes sense.

That worries me. I'll likely have to recon my upcoming Freedom app, and after hearing this, I'm not sure if it's worth 3x HPs.

I wouldn't sweat it.  I was originally denied my Freedom, approved after recon, only the one pull.

There's a difference between a denial and a maybe, not quite, we're not sure application.  The second category is typically where multiple bureaus will be pulled to increase Chase's resolution of you as a consumer.  If one gets denied straight out (like I did) and necessitates a recon, it's the one pull unless they have to pull another report for whatever reason, likely because you've stated something was incorrect in their original pull and has since been fixed.

        
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.