Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Time Frame

tag
TeamPunishment
New Contributor

Chase Time Frame

Does chase have a time frame for how long you must wait before you combine credit limits? I want to apply for a Chase Sapphire but really just want to move the limit over to my freedom to maximize my CF+CSP combo.

AMEX BCE 7.8K | CHASE FREEDOM 6K | CSP 5K | DISCOVER IT 5K | BOFA PRIVILEGES 5K | CITI DIVIDEND 4.5K | CAPITAL ONE QS 4K | BARCLAY ARRIVAL 3K | AMEX EVERYDAY 2.2K | AMEX BC 2K |CAPITAL ONE QS 2K

+Multiple Other Cards
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Time Frame

@TeamPunishment wrote:

Does chase have a time frame for how long you must wait before you combine credit limits? I want to apply for a Chase Sapphire but really just want to move the limit over to my freedom to maximize my CF+CSP combo.

30 days I believe.

Message 2 of 8
TeamPunishment
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@TeamPunishment wrote:

30 days I believe.

That's like 30 days of torture

AMEX BCE 7.8K | CHASE FREEDOM 6K | CSP 5K | DISCOVER IT 5K | BOFA PRIVILEGES 5K | CITI DIVIDEND 4.5K | CAPITAL ONE QS 4K | BARCLAY ARRIVAL 3K | AMEX EVERYDAY 2.2K | AMEX BC 2K |CAPITAL ONE QS 2K

+Multiple Other Cards
Message 3 of 8
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@TeamPunishment wrote:

30 days I believe.

That's a lot shorter than I thought it would be.

Message 4 of 8
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

I was able to move some of my CL from the CSP to the Freedom before I even received the CSP in the mail. 5 minute phone call

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 5 of 8
vpae
Established Contributor

Same here, I was moving limits when I had my CSP but before my Freedom even came. Didn't have to wait 30 days.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Justrebuilding wrote:
I was able to move some of my CL from the CSP to the Freedom before I even received the CSP in the mail. 5 minute phone call

DD was able to move CL's around from Freedom to Slate in less than two weeks from approval. 

Message 7 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Justrebuilding wrote:

DD was able to move CL's around from Freedom to Slate in less than two weeks from approval. 

I was able to move CL around from my Chase Southwest (was approved for 12k) to my Chase Disney  (was at 500) the next day that  I was approved for the Chase Southwest

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.