Super Contributor

Re: Chase - Total exposure / income / AA

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Akula,

All those don't play a role when chase decides to close.  When something triggers the closure, they proceed full force. There has been people who have been chase private bank clients - Palladium card, JP Morgan Select cards etc. and have gotten their accounts closed out with any notice.  It is nice to want to know income/total exposure but that is not taking into consideration.

I'm not sure what your point is here. Are you claiming that income/exposure is not taken into consideration when Chase decides to review/close accounts? If so, of course it is considered. It is not necessarily the only consideration but it is definetly a factor that they look at.  You can also get closed down for other things as well independent of that. 

@red259,

I can see how that come across.  What I mean is it plays a minor role and should have stated as such.  I know some who made 7 figures, banks with chase, total exposure was like 20% of income and was told it was not his ability to pay the debt.  But it was how the card was used.... If you review the account closures here and other sites, a higher pencentage that have thier accounts nerfed have the income to pay it back - that is what I mean by that statement.

I agree with that. 

Also, I read somewhere that these CC have it set up in a way that, any new thing that reports on CRAs(account holders) gives them an immediate alert.

I can attest to this.  I haven't been soft pulled by Amex yet, even when requested 60 day cli.  But on the same day apply for chase amazon, get soft pull by American Express 2.  Why they check on HP's, and not when the card hits is beyond me.  Though I think I'm still good, my spend ability is still way over my limit.

Signature needs updating
Message 31 of 55
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I'm beginning to think its a blessing that Chase has me black listed Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 55
agiacobbe

Presently I have both personal and business accounts with Chase. I am the only shareholder of the buisness and I am sure they take into account the average net income of both myself and the company. I never hold balances on any of the accounts I have with them to which they extend credit to me on.

Total Exposure - $197,000 (CC's and BLOC's)

Reported Net Income - $412,000

Message 33 of 55
Josh2942
Established Contributor

CSP $7k
Hyatt $6k
Marriott $5k
Freedom $5k
Amazon $4k
Mazda Lease $20k
Total $47k exposure
But I have total checking and saving which I always keep at least $10k in
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 34 of 55
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Not even just accounts but tons of new balances
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 35 of 55
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Akula,

All those don't play a role when chase decides to close.  When something triggers the closure, they proceed full force. There has been people who have been chase private bank clients - Palladium card, JP Morgan Select cards etc. and have gotten their accounts closed out with any notice.  It is nice to want to know income/total exposure but that is not taking into consideration.

I'm not sure what your point is here. Are you claiming that income/exposure is not taken into consideration when Chase decides to review/close accounts? If so, of course it is considered. It is not necessarily the only consideration but it is definetly a factor that they look at.  You can also get closed down for other things as well independent of that. 

@red259,

I can see how that come across.  What I mean is it plays a minor role and should have stated as such.  I know some who made 7 figures, banks with chase, total exposure was like 20% of income and was told it was not his ability to pay the debt.  But it was how the card was used.... If you review the account closures here and other sites, a higher pencentage that have thier accounts nerfed have the income to pay it back - that is what I mean by that statement.

I agree with that. 

Also, I read somewhere that these CC have it set up in a way that, any new thing that reports on CRAs(account holders) gives them an immediate alert.

Yes they do. Not sure if all lenders bother SPing when something new hits but some lenders do.

Barclay's, chase and amex all do for sure.. When a new inquiry hits my CR, I get softed the same day by all three... Coincidence?

You don't really think the CRA's built the monitoring solutions that myFICO and others are currently selling for consumers do you? Smiley Happy

We've always been the sideshow for the CRA's.

        
Message 36 of 55
creditconcept
Regular Contributor

Could just be me, but I dont care if Chase closes my account, gives me an excuse to app for the Citi DC

Anyway,

Income: 14K

Exposutr: 4K

(College Student)

Message 37 of 55
davidsawsparks
Contributor

Income: 115k

Total exposure to Chase: 38k over 2 cards (11k on CSP / 27k on RC)

Total credit limit from all CC: 149k

Message 38 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income--65k

Total  credit--30k

8 Cards

Never a problem

Message 39 of 55
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Reported income 36K, bumping it 37K soon, exposure with Chase only $5K tho. Hoping to go for an increase to 6K-8K within a few months once my scores are up
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.