Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - Transfer CL or Request CLI?

tag
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Chase - Transfer CL or Request CLI?

I have two chase cards. Chase Amazon card and Chase freedom. I m not using Chase amazon much. I got chase freedom in nov,2014. I know, we can transfer the partial amount from chase amazon to chase freedom without any HP. my question is, Is it good to ask for CLI on chase freedom and then do the partial CL transfer or just do the CL transfer?

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase - Transfer CL or Request CLI?

Freedom is pretty new, so I don't think a CLI request will be beneficial; even if they do approve it, it's a HP and you will not likely get much with it being so new.

If the Chase Amazon is useless to you, I'd just transfer the limit (all but 500 will be transferred) and close it out.

Message 2 of 6
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Agree with kdm. I did the exact same Amazon to Freedom CL transfer a year or so ago. In my case, they had me keep $100 on the Amazon (most other people report the $500 kdm mentioned), then a couple months later I was able to transfer that last bit of CL and close the Amazon. Very easy.

Also agreed that your Freedom is most likely too new for a CLI and Chase ALWAYS HPs on customer requested CLIs, so that's not worth doing in your case.

Message 3 of 6
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Thanks for the advice 

Total Credit - $535K+

Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 4 of 6
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Thank you

Do closing the Chase Amazon after a year hurts the score?

Total Credit - $535K+

Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 5 of 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

You can transfer all the CL if that account has been inacive for a few months and have a $0 balance

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.