Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Travel or Priceline/Travelocity/etc

tag
Stralem
Established Contributor

Chase Travel or Priceline/Travelocity/etc

So I'm finally going to put this CSP of mine to proper use and book a weekend trip to the west coast in two weeks. While looking around for deals on all the big travel sites like Travelocity and Priceline, I remembered that I could also book travel through Chase's UR portal. But here's a question for you seasoned travelers out there who have used the UR portal: not including the use of UR points, have you found it to be generally more or less expensive than booking through other sites? Or if you're not a fan, what sites would you recommend?

Also, how does Amex's booking system compare to Chase's? I'm pretty much set on charging all of my trip expenses to my CSP, but I'm open to any and all comments/suggestions/criticisms.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Travel or Priceline/Travelocity/etc

@Stralem wrote:

So I'm finally going to put this CSP of mine to proper use and book a weekend trip to the west coast in two weeks. While looking around for deals on all the big travel sites like Travelocity and Priceline, I remembered that I could also book travel through Chase's UR portal. But here's a question for you seasoned travelers out there who have used the UR portal: not including the use of UR points, have you found it to be generally more or less expensive than booking through other sites? Or if you're not a fan, what sites would you recommend?

Also, how does Amex's booking system compare to Chase's? I'm pretty much set on charging all of my trip expenses to my CSP, but I'm open to any and all comments/suggestions/criticisms.

last time i checked the prices were about the same, and chase recently removed travelocity and expedia for bonuses. I think they only get 1x now. So I guess going directly thru chase travel would be better value ? I would make sure i am correct about them removing them from bonus spending. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 3
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Travel or Priceline/Travelocity/etc

Ah, that sucks. You're right about the pricing, though... Flights and hotels are pretty much the same.

Makes me want to try my luck for a Marriot card and the $150 statement credit + free annual stay.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.