Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Trifecta - CSP or CSR?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Trifecta - CSP or CSR?

@Anonymous wrote:
You could have said something like referring to Rev or in Rev's case.

And actually yes they are lost because if you PC from CSP to CSR the AF is due. PC'ing back and applying for a new CSR just for the bonus would be ridiculous and you'd like lose more than you'd gain by doing so.

I don't believe that even if they did up it to 100k that Rev would PC back to CSP and apply for CSR if he were under 5/24 too. It just doesn't make financial sense to do so.

100K UR?  Thumbing my nose at Chase's rule?

Oh I don't know, hell hath no fury like a Revelate, ah nevermind Smiley Happy.  

That's a different than just a pure financial decision, and my lost points over the interstitial period where I'm swiping as a CSP instead of a CSR aren't going to equal 100K or even 50K and certainly more than the AF... everyone who can come up with $300 in parking or Uber fares should at a minimum be looking at it as $150 AF and I suspect most people do that.

I'm not unique though, there was at least one other person who had to do what I did on the forums, so I don't think that population is as small as you suggest, I just happen to be the only one right here right now who did that and is in the conversation out of a very small (and dynamic) population to begin with.

        
Message 31 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Trifecta - CSP or CSR?

Haha I think the travel credit is useful, but MyFICO members represent less than 1% of eligible people for CSR. So many people don't know about 5/24, or do tons of research prior to getting a credit card. I know a handful of people making over 100k a year who would just look at the sign up bonus as the main factor for getting the card. Smiley Happy

As anything on here Your Mileage May Vary
Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.