Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Trifecta Update?

tag
G19OD
Contributor

Chase Trifecta Update?

Hi all,

I did some searching around the forums and noted that the Trifecta for Chase (CSP + Freedom + Checking) is not longer offered for nice bonuses?

Is there any advantage anymore to having all three? I have the Freedom and was considering going for the CSP. At the same time, I would open a Chase checking account and switch from BoA if there is an additional benefit for these 3 products.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Trifecta Update?

Only benefit right now of having the checking is a 10% bonus on points earned with the Freedom every year (which is still pretty nice if you max out the Freedom category points).

Message 2 of 19
G19OD
Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Only benefit right now of having the checking is a 10% bonus on points earned with the Freedom every year (which is still pretty nice if you max out the Freedom category points).

Great, thanks for the update. Now I need to consider if it is worth opening a new checking account and setting up all of my external transfers, again.

Message 3 of 19
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@G19OD wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Great, thanks for the update. Now I need to consider if it is worth opening a new checking account and setting up all of my external transfers, again.

There is one other thing as well. Having a Chase checking (and savings) account in good standing seems to help those who apply for their credit cards in the approval / CL department. No numbers to back that up, but user stories on here seem to lean in that direction.

Message 4 of 19
Indo
New Contributor

Chase + Freedom = 5.5% quarterly bonuses + 1.1% everything else

With CSP you get 2.14% back for dining and travel all year long.

Essentially to maximize points you'll use the Freedom for it's quarterly purchases + everything else. The CSP you'll use for it's transfer potential and dining (when it's not the 5% quarter).

Starting Score: 673 EQ(2014)
Current Score: 784 EQ(2022)
Goal Score: 750+

Current cards: AmEx Gold (NPSL), Discover It ($17,000), Barclaycard Rewards ($15,600), Amazon Prime Rewards ($25,200), Apple Card ($15,500), AmEx Blue Business Plus ($30,000), Rakuten Visa ($8,000), My Best Buy ($15,000)
Message 5 of 19
G19OD
Contributor

@Indo wrote:

Essentially to maximize points you'll use the Freedom for it's quarterly purchases + everything else. The CSP you'll use for it's transfer potential and dining (when it's not the 5% quarter).

Gotcha. So Freedom gets charged for everything other than dining/restaurants/eating out and any type of travel (air, train, bus, taxi, boat, etc.)?

Message 6 of 19
Indo
New Contributor

@G19OD wrote:

@Indo wrote:

Gotcha. So Freedom gets charged for everything other than dining/restaurants/eating out and any type of travel (air, train, bus, taxi, boat, etc.)?

Correct. The exception would be when the Freedom has 5% bonus for dining - which just ended.

With a checking you'll get 1.1x for everything compared to the CSP 1.07x. If you don't care much for the 0.03 difference use the CSP more.

Starting Score: 673 EQ(2014)
Current Score: 784 EQ(2022)
Goal Score: 750+

Current cards: AmEx Gold (NPSL), Discover It ($17,000), Barclaycard Rewards ($15,600), Amazon Prime Rewards ($25,200), Apple Card ($15,500), AmEx Blue Business Plus ($30,000), Rakuten Visa ($8,000), My Best Buy ($15,000)
Message 7 of 19
G19OD
Contributor

@Indo wrote:

@G19OD wrote:

@Indo wrote:

Correct. The exception would be when the Freedom has 5% bonus for dining - which just ended.

With a checking you'll get 1.1x for everything compared to the CSP 1.07x. If you don't care much for the 0.03 difference use the CSP more.

Sounds good, thanks for clarifying.

Message 8 of 19
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Yep.  And I'm wondering if the 7% dividend on the CSP is eventually going to go away.  Chase isn't advertising it any more though I know it is still currently in effect, I just wonder for how much longer.

Message 9 of 19
hiro905
Valued Member

I recently appled for this card at the Chase branch and the 7% is still advertised

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.