Chase Triple Pulled ME ... GRRR

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Triple Pulled ME ... GRRR

@kromix wrote:

I do show 1099c, so that should be enough Smiley Happy

What promo are they having next week??

I'm sure the risk analysts would love you sending a 1099C, which i assume is related to your screwing Chase out of $150,000 haha.

As for stories of people getting shut down, a certain other forum has plenty, but I don't think we're allowed to link to them from here.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 31 of 58
kromix
New Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@kromix wrote:

I do show 1099c, so that should be enough Smiley Happy

What promo are they having next week??

I'm sure the risk analysts would love you sending a 1099C, which i assume is related to your screwing Chase out of $150,000 haha.

As for stories of people getting shut down, a certain other forum has plenty, but I don't think we're allowed to link to them from here.

Yes I definately got 1099c'd for that lol

Message 32 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@kromix wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Congrats!  If there ever was a card worth a triple pull, this is the one.

Think so? Now I'm feeling slightly better about this whole triple pull business Smiley Tongue

were you the one who said you don't have any kind of business at all?

Wait... so the OP has no business, fraudulently applied for a business card, defaulted on the same lender from which he is seeking credit for $150,000 just a few years ago... and he/she is upset because the approval resulted in having one inquiry on each of his credit reports? Wow.

All I can do is smdh at these stupid threads.

I hope Chase cancels the account and goes after every bit of that 150K YOU BURNED them for!!! GEEZ!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 33 of 58
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

LS2982 wrote

I hope Chase cancels the account and goes after every bit of that 150K YOU BURNED them for!!! GEEZ!!!

Why the vindictiveness?   What's it to you?

Message 34 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

LS2982 wrote

Im just tired of seeing ridiculous threads like this. Im sick of seeing people game, abuse, neglect credit and brag like its some kind of accomplishment when they get back in by the skin of their teeth.

There is absolutely no accountability!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 35 of 58
kromix
New Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

LS2982 wrote

Im just tired of seeing ridiculous threads like this. Im sick of seeing people game, abuse, neglect credit and brag like its some kind of accomplishment when they get back in by the skin of their teeth.

There is absolutely no accountability!!

http://www.uclalawreview.org/?p=1527 I'll leave this here.

Message 36 of 58
melbaro
New Contributor

I don't think LS was referring to the short sale. Either way, I agree with his comment and this needs to be kept behind closed doors. Before long, we will all be CLD'd, cards closed, rewards removed...

This site is a gift, but sometimes things do get a little carried away...not as much as other sites out there, but nonetheless they do. I refer many people here to show them how to help themselves and to let them know there is a way out of bad credit. I also let them know there is a reason they should care about having good credit. We are all working hard, but I think that many of these threads lead to envy and a huge potential mess. Capital One is dumbing down and I am sure as hell they are tired of hearing from us by now. I'm a little surprised they haven't disconnected that EO phone number and email at this point. 

We are not entitled to these offerings by any means...especially if we are on a credit forum. We need to respect this process and earn the right. It's all fun and games till someone gets hurt.

Message 37 of 58
android01
Valued Contributor

This thread makes me sick. Smiley Mad 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 38 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@android01 wrote:

This thread makes me sick. Smiley Mad 

Same here.Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 39 of 58
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@melbaro wrote:

We are not entitled to these offerings by any means...especially if we are on a credit forum. We need to respect this process and earn the right. It's all fun and games till someone gets hurt.

When you get a credit card, both sides have basically agreed to a contract.   Respect doesn't come in to it, it is a business transaction between you and (in most cases) a very large bank to whom you are just a number.   Banks regularly reduce benefits when financials change, sometimes due to what they would term "reward abuse", but frequently just to improve profits once people have signed up.

So long as people are aware of potential negative consequences, such as having all cards closed and points lost etc, we should be adult enough here to determine our own course of action.

And, in at least some cases, the bank action can be legally challenged successfully, e.g. FT today, Chase tooksomeone's  250K UR points, guy filed in small claims court and Chase has offered to settle.

Bottom line: the banks are NOT doing us a favor by extending credit (so we have to play nice): they are doing it to make money, and sometimes they make mistakes and lose money,  sometimes they are overzealous in correcting their error.

Here the OP had a short sale that cost Chase a lot of money, that's the cost of doing business.  If their processes failed to stop him getting the biz card, that's really not his fault.

The only bit I do agree with is complaining about the triple pull is perhaps over the top!

Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.