Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Triple Pulled ME ... GRRR

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Triple Pulled ME ... GRRR

There are definitely differences of opinions on this forum about getting back in with creditors after having burned them in the past. We don't have to agree on this; that's fine. But let's be certain that we express our differences respectfully and in such a way that it doesn't turn into a personal attack.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 41 of 58
android01
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@melbaro wrote:

We are not entitled to these offerings by any means...especially if we are on a credit forum. We need to respect this process and earn the right. It's all fun and games till someone gets hurt.

When you get a credit card, both sides have basically agreed to a contract.   Respect doesn't come in to it, it is a business transaction between you and (in most cases) a very large bank to whom you are just a number.   Banks regularly reduce benefits when financials change, sometimes due to what they would term "reward abuse", but frequently just to improve profits once people have signed up.

So long as people are aware of potential negative consequences, such as having all cards closed and points lost etc, we should be adult enough here to determine our own course of action.

And, in at least some cases, the bank action can be legally challenged successfully, e.g. FT today, Chase tooksomeone's  250K UR points, guy filed in small claims court and Chase has offered to settle.

Bottom line: the banks are NOT doing us a favor by extending credit (so we have to play nice): they are doing it to make money, and sometimes they make mistakes and lose money,  sometimes they are overzealous in correcting their error.

Here the OP had a short sale that cost Chase a lot of money, that's the cost of doing business.  If their processes failed to stop him getting the biz card, that's really not his fault.

The only bit I do agree with is complaining about the triple pull is perhaps over the top!

I don't discount your analysis.  Most approvals are computer generated without a more detailed (manual) review.  Most customers are just their account numbers, especially to the large banks.  Many approve on FICO score alone.  It always amazes me that people who have burned lenders seem to want to re-establish credit terms with those that they have burned and then complain, such as the triple pull, if they somehow squeeze through the cracks.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 42 of 58
Open123
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

LS2982 wrote

All I can do is smdh at these stupid threads.

I hope Chase cancels the account and goes after every bit of that 150K YOU BURNED them for!!! GEEZ!!!

Why the vindictiveness?   What's it to you?

Im just tired of seeing ridiculous threads like this. Im sick of seeing people game, abuse, neglect credit and brag like its some kind of accomplishment when they get back in by the skin of their teeth.

There is absolutely no accountability!!

In my view, I don't blame (for lack of a better word) those who use the rules & regluations to their advantage, but rather those who come up with them.  Direct your frustration and ire towards those who come up with these ill-advised policies, not those smart and opportunistic enough to capitalize on them.

If we were to become frustrated by every piece of "well-meaning" regulation which has lead and continue to lead to near catastrophic unintended consequences, we'd have little time for any other state of mind.  I can list them chapter and verse, but that's certainly another topic for a different venue.

Rather, what I do is find who in my district voted for these measures; then, write them a vociferous complaing letter, vote for their opponent in the next election and share my views with anyone with whom I have any influence to do likewise.  "Just wait until November," is what I love most about American Democracy.  Can you imagine if we were on a Parliamentary system like Europe?  

Message 43 of 58
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

I don't care that he may have come on hard times and had to short sale his house nor do I care that he got back in with Chase. The thing that I don't like is that he's basically bragging that he screwed Chase over and lied to them to get a card. I personally find that type of behavior repulsive and I think my word and reputation as an honest guy is more important than any card. I hold the banks to the same standard. IMO neither the lender or the consumer should behave unethically.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 44 of 58
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

I don't care that he may have come on hard times and had to short sale his house nor do I care that he got back in with Chase. The thing that I don't like is that he's basically bragging that he screwed Chase over and lied to them to get a card. I personally find that type of behavior repulsive and I think my word and reputation as an honest guy is more important than any card. I hold the banks to the same standard. IMO neither the lender or the consumer should behave unethically.

Yes, I think the bragging is stupid, but hardly out of the norm for the internet.  And "unethical" is so flexible.   You recently (and of course I agree!) defended manufactured spending, saying you do a few thousand a month.  Probably 90% of the people here view that as unethical (for reasons I cannot comprehend, but they do)

Message 45 of 58
HiLine
Blogger

@Open123 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

LS2982 wrote

All I can do is smdh at these stupid threads.

I hope Chase cancels the account and goes after every bit of that 150K YOU BURNED them for!!! GEEZ!!!

Why the vindictiveness?   What's it to you?

Im just tired of seeing ridiculous threads like this. Im sick of seeing people game, abuse, neglect credit and brag like its some kind of accomplishment when they get back in by the skin of their teeth.

There is absolutely no accountability!!

In my view, I don't blame (for lack of a better word) those who use the rules & regluations to their advantage, but rather those who come up with them.  Direct your frustration and ire towards those who come up with these ill-advised policies, not those smart and opportunistic enough to capitalize on them.

If we were to become frustrated by every piece of "well-meaning" regulation which has lead and continue to lead to near catastrophic unintended consequences, we'd have little time for any other state of mind.  I can list them chapter and verse, but that's certainly another topic for a different venue.

Rather, what I do is find who in my district voted for these measures; then, write them a vociferous complaing letter, vote for their opponent in the next election and share my views with anyone with whom I have any influence to do likewise.  "Just wait until November," is what I love most about American Democracy.  Can you imagine if we were on a Parliamentary system like Europe?  

The policies are not ill-advised; they were written with good intentions. Like any tax laws, credit card reward policies have loopholes. We blame loopholes abusers on the same ground as we do tax evaders. Despite the criticism, they usually don't do anything illegal. Are they a cost to society? Probably, since that kind of behavior negatively affects the "good" people in the form of having the policies re-written or beneficial terms eliminated. Do they care? Probably not.

Message 46 of 58
Open123
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

The policies are not ill-advised; they were written with good intentions. 

It always starts with "good" intentions, but what often follows is per the old adage, "the road to hell is paved by good intentions."  I could list real life examples with cause and effect, but this certainly isn't the thread or venue.

Message 47 of 58
HiLine
Blogger

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

It always starts with "good" intentions, but what often follows is per the old adage, "the road to hell is paved by good intentions."  I could list real life examples with cause and effect, but this certainly isn't the thread or venue.

Well, I'd rather that than there being no good intentions at all. 

Message 48 of 58
Open123
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Well, I'd rather that than there being no good intentions at all. 

That, I absolutely agree with.  Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 58
HiLine
Blogger

Glad to hear!!!. Good intentions are what makes us a great society, not one where everybody looks for a way to cheat on everyone else. Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.