Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Triple Pulled ME ... GRRR

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Triple Pulled ME ... GRRR

@HiLine wrote:

Glad to hear!!!. Good intentions are what makes us a great society, not one where everybody looks for a way to cheat on everyone else. Smiley Happy

Your "good intentions" might not be my "good intentions".   For your eternal soul, I REALLY want you to believe in my god, otherwise you face an eternity of torment, and I am willing to do almost anything to help you.  And if that involves torturing you to see the error of your ways, well, that's for your own good. Really.

Hopefully a somewhat extreme example, but using "good intentions" as if it really means anything (along with saying that we have a "great society") seems simplistic.

Message 51 of 58
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

I don't care that he may have come on hard times and had to short sale his house nor do I care that he got back in with Chase. The thing that I don't like is that he's basically bragging that he screwed Chase over and lied to them to get a card. I personally find that type of behavior repulsive and I think my word and reputation as an honest guy is more important than any card. I hold the banks to the same standard. IMO neither the lender or the consumer should behave unethically.

Yes, I think the bragging is stupid, but hardly out of the norm for the internet.  And "unethical" is so flexible.   You recently (and of course I agree!) defended manufactured spending, saying you do a few thousand a month.  Probably 90% of the people here view that as unethical (for reasons I cannot comprehend, but they do)

If Chase asked me today if I payed my rent with their card I would say yes. The reason I use VR's is because my building doesn't take credit cards. I never lied to Chase nor did I break any rules. I read my T&Cs. I don't see how that's comparable to someone intentionally lying on an application to get a certain good. It would be like me lying about my LSAT score to get into law school. I think that most rational people would say that's clear cut. Some issues are grey. Lying, in my opinion, is not one of them.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 52 of 58
HiLine
Blogger

longtimelurker:

I don't know what you are trying to get at. Loophole abusers exist because there are good intentions and there are people that don't exploit those good intentions. The American society is great because there are way more builders than destroyers, and I hope we stay this way. Without the loophole abusers, everyone benefits. Have too many abusers, and everyone suffers. 

Message 53 of 58
Open123
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Glad to hear!!!. Good intentions are what makes us a great society, not one where everybody looks for a way to cheat on everyone else. Smiley Happy

I'd have to agree.

In the end, I'd much rather try, even with a price to pay; than not try, and avoid the potential consequences.  To give up and not try is too much of a defeatist attitude for my taste.

Message 54 of 58
bribro
Valued Contributor

In trying to rationalize the OP's abhorrent behavior, some of you have completely lost sight of the truth. The OP did not take advantage of a loophole; he lied and committed fraud, and just happened to get away with it. If someone gets away with tax evasion or murder, that doesn't make it any less immoral. And worse, he's bragging about it and even has the audacity to complain about a few HPs. The whole thing is almost comical.
TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 55 of 58
enharu
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:
In trying to rationalize the OP's abhorrent behavior, some of you have completely lost sight of the truth. The OP did not take advantage of a loophole; he lied and committed fraud, and just happened to get away with it. If someone gets away with tax evasion or murder, that doesn't make it any less immoral. And worse, he's bragging about it and even has the audacity to complain about a few HPs. The whole thing is almost comical.

+1. I totally agree.

Ignore the comments made about manufactured spending. This isn't about manufactured spending. OP committed fraud and lied on the app. Regardless of the justification, fraud is still fraud no matter how you try to twist it. 

I do not have a problem with people doing manufactured spending at all. I even thought of doing it myself but I found it to be too much trouble for what it's worth, but I can completely understand why people would do it. It's somewhat an easy way to get rewards. Abuse of rewards via manufactured spending have caused many perks to be nerfed and that's pretty irritating, but there's always going to be people going overboard with all kinds of things in life. More importantly, what they're doing is not illegal. What is irritating however is that there are people who start crying and acting all innocent or righteous after their accounts are closed for abuse. I mean, honestly, what's there to be surprised or bitch about. They understood the risks of abusing VR / gift cards, and chose to do it anyhow because the perceived rewards was more than the risks involved. Their reactions are usually so ridiculous it's almost too stupid to read.

One more thing to add.........if you're going to commit fraud regardless, do it the right way at the very least. The repercussions are almost similar anyways once grand theft threshold (>$950 if Im not wrong) has been reached. Rather than to just scam a few thousand dollars, might as well make it out like a bandit with a couple million at the very least. Committing fraud for just a few hundred or thousand dollars is just stupid in my opinion. No offense intended to anyone, OP included.

to OP: Best of luck as well, regardless of whether you choose to keep or close the account. Whatever's been done is done. However you should do some research and make an informed decision about what to do next. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 56 of 58
Arago
New Contributor

There's nothing you can do but enjoy your approval.

Message 57 of 58
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is locked and under Moderator review.

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.