Chase UR Points to AA/US Air via BA

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Chase UR Points to AA/US Air via BA

@elim wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah but if you live in Seattle it's a lot more. So, it really depends on where you live

thats why i said to and from east coast :-)

big window in the carib also... Turks and Caicos are about 1000 miles closer than Trinidad and Tobago

what island are you planning on visiting?

st thomas for me was 20k grandcayman was 25k , i have been looking at bermuda actually thats 15k would be an nice weekend trip . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 18
CreditMENA
New Contributor

Looking to go from D.C. (DCA/IAD/BWI) to St. Maarten (SXM)!

Message 12 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@CreditMENA wrote:

Looking to go from D.C. (DCA/IAD/BWI) to St. Maarten (SXM)!

From DCA or BWI its 29,000 on econ with BA avios i think thats fairly reasonable you will have to fly us airways and stop in charlotte i think. Most other airlines are 35k so you get some fairly good value. 

edit: oops i misread accourding to ba calculator its 10k each way with 5.60 in charges which is pretty good !!!

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

20k avios round trip
Message 14 of 18
CreditMENA
New Contributor

Sorry for the hand holding request, but could someone walk me through how to find the U.S. Air flights via the BA website? I searched for those flights but it showed no flights or partner flights available...
Message 15 of 18
CreditMENA
New Contributor

I guess the more important point being...I see a U.S. Air flight on Expedia that I'd love to book but it doesn't show up when I search via the British Airways website.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to executive club page. Click spend avios,select book flights with avios or something like that. Then input your details.

For this to work there must be award availability on US or AA or whatnot. Not all seas that can be bought with cash can be booked with points.
Message 17 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Go to executive club page. Click spend avios,select book flights with avios or something like that. Then input your details.

For this to work there must be award availability on US or AA or whatnot. Not all seas that can be bought with cash can be booked with points.

You can also look up on google flights or expedia or whatever for the flights you want. Write down the flight numbers, call in BA to see if theres availibility. They may charge you for doing it over the phone though. You can say that you couldn't find it on website , so they may not charge but who knows. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.