Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase UR mall question

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Chase UR mall question

Over the past week I bought two pairs of shoes thru Chase's Freedom UR mall one for $179 and another for $149.  Today I received the $179 pair but I yet to receive an email to tell me about the 15x bonus, that was the only reason I bought thru the UR.  One thing I forgot to mention was that even though I was on the Freedom UR mall I paid for it with my EDP because I was told on here that it doesn't matter what card you use to get the bonus.  I used the EDP because I wanted to add the purchase to my 30 swipe per month bonus.

Did I make a mistake buying these shoes with my EDP, I am getting ready to return the shoes and reordering it with my Freedom card or am I just being impatient? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Chase UR mall question

@ezdoesit wrote:

Over the past week I bought two pairs of shoes thru Chase's Freedom UR mall one for $179 and another for $149.  Today I received the $179 pair but I yet to receive an email to tell me about the 15x bonus, that was the only reason I bought thru the UR.  One thing I forgot to mention was that even though I was on the Freedom UR mall I paid for it with my EDP because I was told on here that it doesn't matter what card you use to get the bonus.  I used the EDP because I wanted to add the purchase to my 30 swipe per month bonus.

Did I make a mistake buying these shoes with my EDP, I am getting ready to return the shoes and reordering it with my Freedom card or am I just being impatient? 

when i bought my external hard drive thru office max, i didn't see the 4x till statement posted. Has your statement posted yet?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 5
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

when i bought my external hard drive thru office max, i didn't see the 4x till statement posted. Has your statement posted yet?

No it won't for another 5 days I guess I will be patient.  So it doesn't matter that I used the EDP I will still get the bonus?  When I called onlineshoes.com they don't have that info available about the bonus they said that I should call Chase for those answers.

Message 3 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

No it won't for another 5 days I guess I will be patient.  So it doesn't matter that I used the EDP I will still get the bonus?  When I called onlineshoes.com they don't have that info available about the bonus they said that I should call Chase for those answers.

I don't think it should matter. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

The #1 reason for not using "wrong" cards is in the case something goes wrong, like a bonus doesn't post.   Chase and Cartera (the mall "owner") won't be able (or willing) to track the end-to-end event as they won't have access to the Amex purchase.

Now most of the time it works, so it's a judgement call of how much you need to use the other card.

For pure cashback, the cashback malls are often better, as they will work with any card.   (But obviously if you want all UR, rather than UR + cashback, have to use the Chase mall)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.