Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase UR points to Southwest RR account

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Chase UR points to Southwest RR account

I sent Chase a Secure message yesterday asking if I needed to have a SWA credit card open to be able to transfer my CSP UR points to my Southwest Rapid Rewards account. This was their response.

Thank you for contacting Chase about the redemption option
on your Chase Sapphire Preferred account.

The redemption opportunity to your SouthWest Rapid Rewards
account will remain an option no matter the status of your
SouthWest credit card with Chase.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

After reading this, is there really any benefit to having the SWA Siggy? I understand I will get double miles for using it on the SWA website, but that hardly justifies the TL. I wish I would have researched that one a little more when I opened in in December.

Should I just move the CL to my CSP and close it? My CSP is my 'everyday' card.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase UR points to Southwest RR account

@azguy13 wrote:

I sent Chase a Secure message yesterday asking if I needed to have a SWA credit card open to be able to transfer my CSP UR points to my Southwest Rapid Rewards account. This was their response.

Secure Message Center.

After reading this, is there really any benefit to having the SWA Siggy? I understand I will get double miles for using it on the SWA website, but that hardly justifies the TL. I wish I would have researched that one a little more when I opened in in December.

well I belive you get anniversary miles every year

Message 2 of 9
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

If you have no use for the SW card based on the info given by Chase, then I would allocate the limits from SW to CSP and close it.  I thought about applying for SW card from the targeted email received a few days ago, but i did some research on it and figured i have no use for it after the signup bonus. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

Secure Message Center.

That is true. I'm not sure if the anniversary miles really makes it worth it though. There would be no problem with me just SD'ing the card, but sometimes I get this feeling I have too many cards. I really should have thought about that before I app'd for it, but I legit thought it was worth it with the frequency that I fly SWA.

Message 4 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

If you have no use for the SW card based on the info given by Chase, then I would allocate the limits from SW to CSP and close it.  I thought about applying for SW card from the targeted email received a few days ago, but i did some research on it and figured i have no use for it after the signup bonus. 

Yea, I got the signup bonus already. I jsut hate to be that guy to get the bonus and then close it. Have you heard of anyone transferring 2 CLs to another card and closing them within about 6 months of each other? I did this with the Slate back in Sept or so. I don't want to somehow hurt myslef in the long run with Chase's internal scoring system.

Message 5 of 9
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Yea, I got the signup bonus already. I jsut hate to be that guy to get the bonus and then close it. Have you heard of anyone transferring 2 CLs to another card and closing them within about 6 months of each other? I did this with the Slate back in Sept or so. I don't want to somehow hurt myslef in the long run with Chase's internal scoring system.

I hear ya.  Well then I would SD the card and maybe make small bubble gum purchases every now and then and close it sometime later this year.  I can't imagine that it would hurt your internal scoring system w/ Chase, but who knows nowadays after you hear other members' being AA/CLD on their Chase cards..

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 6 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

Secure Message Center.

That is true. I'm not sure if the anniversary miles really makes it worth it though. There would be no problem with me just SD'ing the card, but sometimes I get this feeling I have too many cards. I really should have thought about that before I app'd for it, but I legit thought it was worth it with the frequency that I fly SWA.

true if its 3000 miles thats only $43 worth of points

Message 7 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Well I asked Chase how much of my Southwest CL would transfer and they gave me the oddest number.... $6,054....

I told them to transfer it to my CSP and close my SWA card.

Message 8 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Ok, one more update.

I had almost $2K due on the SWA credit card when I asked how much could be transferred. When they came back and told me that odd number, I paid the card in full. I then received a SM from them saying they see the pending payment which means I could transfer $9000 CL to my CSP.

So apparently, it is a much better idea to PIF the card first before asking how much could transfer, lol.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.