Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ultimate Rewards 75k points

tag
UrbanLagoon

Chase Ultimate Rewards 75k points

Hey guys,

I need a bit of advice. I have 75k chase ultimate reward points. My question is, how could I go about getting 2 round-trip tickets to Brazil? Is this even enough points for that? maybe 1 ticket and pay for the other one?

I just received 70k points from my chase ink plus $5k sign up offer Smiley Happy

TU: 746 EXP: 756 EQ: 760
Chase Business Ink Plus $5,000, Chase Freedom $19,200, Chase Sapphire $6,200, Barclay Arrival $7500, Bank of America Cash Rewards $9000, Discover IT Student:: $2500, Amazon Visa Rewards $900, Chase Marriott's Premier $12,500
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Ultimate Rewards 75k points

@UrbanLagoon wrote:

Hey guys,

I need a bit of advice. I have 75k chase ultimate reward points. My question is, how could I go about getting 2 round-trip tickets to Brazil? Is this even enough points for that? maybe 1 ticket and pay for the other one?

I just received 70k points from my chase ink plus $5k sign up offer Smiley Happy

Not gonna happen on chase portal. Buttttt, If you find the right combo of partner transfers..

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just mocked up some details from United:

WAS to RIO 

early April for a week

Looks like economy savers is 30k pts  - 1way per person.

Business1st select is 150k pts - 1 way per person.

Message 3 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@UrbanLagoon wrote:

Hey guys,

Your best bet would be 50k RT to rio from JFK on BA avios, which trasnfer to either LAN or AA that don't charge fuel surcharges i believe. You probably will need to put some spending on your Ink Plus to get the extra 25k . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats like $750 if you credit it to your account!

Message 5 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

it is but i think if you have ink plus or CSP there are better ways to get better value for your UR points. This is a bit off topic but i am actually thinking of using my UR points for business class or first on SQ. I know this sounds totally ridiculous but i was thiking of using it for one of their suites seats to Europe. 

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@UrbanLagoon wrote:

Hey guys,

Your best bet would be 50k RT to rio from JFK on BA avios, which trasnfer to either LAN or AA that don't charge fuel surcharges i believe. You probably will need to put some spending on your Ink Plus to get the extra 25k . 

I knew you'd come through!

Message 7 of 18
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah... obviously. Its worth far more if he can transfer the points.... 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would one check to see how many points are needed for KrisFlyer flights?

I signed up on their site and mocked up terminals and dates:  BWI to MNL for first class, I even clicked on "Pay with KrisFlyer points"  but the bill still shows in USD instead of points...  

sidenote: their 1st class was $16k while business was $25k -- mind. blown.

Message 9 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ianGP wrote:

How would one check to see how many points are needed for KrisFlyer flights?

I signed up on their site and mocked up terminals and dates:  BWI to MNL for first class, I even clicked on "Pay with KrisFlyer points"  but the bill still shows in USD instead of points...  

sidenote: their 1st class was $16k while business was $25k -- mind. blown.

You can look at their award chart to see how many miles are for each . For east coast USA to phillipines its 85k Business OW and 110k first class one way. Thats for saver awards. It isn't cheap to fly on singapore air lol. Its probably not the best value but i wanted to try it out and see what its like lol. Another thing I forgot to mention about singapore air i think they have 15% discount on travel. 

Another thing to consider for BWI-MNL if you really belive the rumors that korean air is coming back. Thats an much better option they have really nice business and first class product. Business is only 135k and first is 180k an fair bit cheaper than it would be flying on singapore air. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.