Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Annual Fee

tag
Viperlx
New Contributor

Chase United Annual Fee

Has anyone had luck removing the Annual fee for the Chase United Mileage card?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Re: Chase United Annual Fee

Just got the card .. I'm wondering when they'll charge me the $395 AF!

Current Cards:
Message 2 of 9
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@altayar wrote:

Just got the card .. I'm wondering when they'll charge me the $395 AF!

If you app in branch they'll waive it for the first year.

Message 3 of 9
randeman
Frequent Contributor

You didn't mention which card, but I can tell you that the Explorer card is free for a year, $95 annually after that.  Frankly, I would be surprised (if you're referring to later year's fees) if they waived any more.  Considering the free checked bag fee waiver alone is worth $50 per round-trip, I consider the fees a bargain.  But, stranger things have happened.  YMMV

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 4 of 9
Viperlx
New Contributor

I have the Mileage Plus card.  The fee is $95 annually, but I don't travel with united anymore.  Also, I have an Executive status with the airline to the benefits from the card don't help me out anymore.

Message 5 of 9
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Viperlx wrote:

I have the Mileage Plus card.  The fee is $95 annually, but I don't travel with united anymore.  Also, I have an Executive status with the airline to the benefits from the card don't help me out anymore.

You can always call and ask for retention offers. Depending on the CR, they will either credit you a one time statement credit or offer you X amount of miles. 

Message 6 of 9
Viperlx
New Contributor

Tried and got nothing out of it with threatening to cancel the card.

Message 7 of 9
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Viperlx wrote:

Tried and got nothing out of it with threatening to cancel the card.

Try again. And if it's still a no, and cannot justify the annual fee for the card, move your CL to another chase card and close it. 

Message 8 of 9
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Ooops.  You did mention which card.  J'scuse.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.