cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Explorer Mileage Plus Card Has Been Approved!!!! BuT!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Chase United Explorer Mileage Plus Card Has Been Approved!!!! BuT!!!!!

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

They just replied my secured message. They honored it. They told me to call the number in the back of my card. They will add additional $20K when I spend $1000 within 3 months.  

Thanks to all to let me know 50k bonus at the branch.

Ron.

Congrats, that's awesome! I really like how Chase is willing to honor signup promos.

I'm surprised too. Smiley Surprised

Ron.

See, I told you so! Smiley LOL The secure message method works.

Thanks kevin. The customer service is pretty fast. They response my message within 15 min. They told me they were going to forward to the right dept. By the way, Chase analyst  were pretty nice and helpful unlike BofA/FIA. I was impressed. They used to be bad when they were Bank One/First USA. I think they tried to compete with Amex.  Amex customer services are not good as they used to be. They outsourced their fraud dept to India.

Ron.

Message 21 of 27
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Yeah I agree, in my experience, the customer service at Chase and Discover have been better than American Express.

Message 22 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

@kekrre wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Thanks for you all. I just talked to them (lending dept). and they moved $500 from Chase Freedom to United Explorer Visa. I just found out it is not Visa Signature Card, They cannot upgrade it after a year. By the way, they cannnot match the branch offer because I applied online.

Ron.

Congrats - you got the card and you got rid of a Freedom. I think you have two more superfluous ones to go?

If you need a screenshot of the 50k offer to try to get them to budge, I can send you one.

Also, when you get the card, can you post if it's a standard embossed card, or if it's non-embossed and looks like their promo material? I ask because they promote a non-embossed Freedom card on their site, but everybody I've seen has a standard embossed Freedom card.

I finally got United Explorer Mileage Plus Card today and they really took their time to mail it to me unlike Amex. It is a good looking card. It is a standard embossed  card. It comes with thick benefit guide and agreement.

Ron.

Message 23 of 27
lsdiamond
Established Member

Thanks so much for the information about inquiring from 30,000 to 50,000 miles. I did call Chase and they did honor the 50,000 to my account. Thanks so much!

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

We signed up for the Chase Mileage Explorer Card back in October 2012 and we were supposed to get 50,000 miles posted to our account when we spent $2,000 within the first three months.  We spent that amount by Nov and still do not have the 50,000 miles posted to our account!!!  I am at this point ready to talk to the Attorney General as we dealt with the branch manager at Chase in Humble who confirmed we were to get the 50,000 and no one at Chase Credit card seemed to interface with United to get our miles on a timely basis.  They said we would have them in Jan did not get them then by Feb 4 still not there not Feb 10.  Help!!!! I have a cruise coming up and expect to use the miles for the flight from Houston to Miami!!!! We have been patient but deceptive trade practices is against the law!!!!

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take to post the 50,000 miles as we should have had our in Nov and they are still dragging their feet!.  I think this is a very deceptive advertising and the Chase Credit Card people should have dealt with United to post them by Nov or Dec at the latest and we have printed the paperwork that states what we applied to plus the branch manager in Humble, Tx Mr. Mosley can confirm thiski

Message 26 of 27
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How long did it take to post the 50,000 miles as we should have had our in Nov and they are still dragging their feet!.  I think this is a very deceptive advertising and the Chase Credit Card people should have dealt with United to post them by Nov or Dec at the latest and we have printed the paperwork that states what we applied to plus the branch manager in Humble, Tx Mr. Mosley can confirm thiski

it usally takes about 6-8weeks after you qualifly to get the bonus. thats what happend with my freedom card. but it could be longer sometimes. send a secure message and see what they say. 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.