Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Explorere Miles Card

tag
jcx808
New Contributor

Re: Chase United Explorer Miles Card

@Voodard wrote:

Ok, I don't think you have anything to worry about.  One card at 93% shouldn't hurt you because your utilization rate is 35%.  Please update us when you receive word from Chase.

WOOO HOOOO!!!!  I called again today and had to verify my identity and answered some questions about my student loan.  I had to verify my past addresses, phone number, and my monthly student loan payment.  Afterwards, I was put on hold for a few seconds.  The lady replied back " YOU HAVE BEEB APPROVED FOR $13,500".  Feels good, now I'm gonna rack up the miles on this card.

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 725 EQ 746 TU as of 6/24/2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 51
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@jcx808 wrote:

@Voodard wrote:

Ok, I don't think you have anything to worry about.  One card at 93% shouldn't hurt you because your utilization rate is 35%.  Please update us when you receive word from Chase.

WOOO HOOOO!!!!  I called again today and had to verify my identity and answered some questions about my student loan.  I had to verify my past addresses, phone number, and my monthly student loan payment.  Afterwards, I was put on hold for a few seconds.  The lady replied back " YOU HAVE BEEB APPROVED FOR $13,500".  Feels good, now I'm gonna rack up the miles on this card.

Congrats...what report did Chase pulled?

Message 42 of 51
jcx808
New Contributor

Chase pulled Experian for me.  I don't know what my FIco score is from Experian, but my scores for EQ is 725 and TU is 746 as of June 24, 2012.  I pulled my reports after I applied for the card since I didn't get an instant approval.

Message 43 of 51
jcx808
New Contributor

How long does it typically take for a new card to report on the credit report?

Message 44 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

<<my scores for EQ is 725 and TU is 746 as of June 24, 2012>>

Those are great scores, and a very impressive initial CL for this card.

Go buy yourself a round of drinks on the card and get your 50,000 bonus miles!

Add your significant other or mother as authorized user and pick up another 5K miles.

Any you probably just cut your overall util in half, so watch your credit score grow some more!

Congrats 

Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 51
Voodard
Contributor

Ok, so the promo of 55k miles has hit my MP account and I'm pretty much done with this card.  Anyone know how long I have to wait before upgrading to the United Club card?  I'm assuming 12 months, but would like to know if any of you have been able to PC your card sooner than that.

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 46 of 51
bmd0224
New Contributor

Re: Chase United Explorere Miles Card

I got approved last week for this card through a target offer in the mail. The pulled EQ for me, score at time of approval was 702. Utilization was 9%.

01/11/13:
EQ Fico: 716 (from myfico)
TU Fico: 719 (from Walmart)
EX Fico: 719 (from myfico)

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Message 47 of 51
CS800
Super Contributor

I have been getting mail offers for this card. I already have a Freedom but this card would be good for the united club.

Message 48 of 51
Voodard
Contributor

I sent a secure message to Chase last night through my online account regarding PC to United Club from United Explorer.  The CSR said that I can do a PC, but the Explorer card must have been open for a period of 1 year.  She also said that as an alternative I could go online and apply for the United Club card today while keeping the Explorer.  I don't think I want to open another account, so I'll just keep the Explorer card until I can PC.

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 49 of 51
gungorc
New Visitor

Just a data point: my credit score is around 700 and utilization 36%. Got a chase sapphire last year in november with 13k limit. Was getting 30k bonus offers for this card, eventually got the 50k bonus offer to my united plus email address. I was worried they'd reject me because of the credit score but got approved for 26k limit. 

Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.