Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Mileage Explorer - Denied... but there is hope

tag
Voodard
Contributor

Re: Chase United Mileage Explorer - Denied... but there is hope

Do you mind sharing just how bad the "baddies" are?  Sounds like you've found yourself a sympathetic CSR at Chase, I hope you have the same luck when you call back or reapply.

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 11 of 14
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@voodard, why would he had to of found a sympathetic CSR? The OP didn't even mention what kind of "baddies" they were, so not sure what your trying to imply. Chase is excellent at Recons and if you can explain your Credit reports, they typically will listen and try to extend some kind of credit, wether it be a small or large CL.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 14
Voodard
Contributor

Because I've heard horror stories about front line CSR's not having patience and instead of assisting you they would rather dismiss you, which then prompts a call back and in hopes of getting a "more sympathetic" CSR.

I know the OP didn't mention what the baddies were, that's why I asked if they would mind sharing. I'm implying that if the baddies are of a more serious nature (foreclosure, BK, judgments, multiple lates), then I could see why Chase gave them the 10 day notice.
TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 13 of 14
JustJen
Regular Contributor

I was instantly approved for the Chase united Explorer Card 10k limit....my score was about 674 on equifax at the time. They pulled experian which has 3 baddies on it, two pretty old and one from an old debt I guess that's been resold and reported newly in 2011. My highest credit limit at the time was probably 1900 on a store card....and 1200 on a prime card (discover). I do have a high income.....hopefully this helps!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.