cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Mileage Plus club and Marriott Rewards Premier card need advise .

tag
exdll1
Established Member

Chase United Mileage Plus club and Marriott Rewards Premier card need advise .

I'm thinking of applying at the branch for both cards, the branch manger showed me a pre-approval in there system for the united plus club and a couple of other cards(not Marriott). My question is can I apply for both using one Hard/Pull and can I ask for one card to be a master card world elite or world?                                                                                                I have a Chase checking and saving account plus a freedom with a of cl $5000 and CSP cl of $9000.    My fico exquifax is 746, trans.plus 810 and experian plus is 748                                                                                                         

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Chase United Mileage Plus club and Marriott Rewards Premier card need advise .

@exdll1 wrote:

I'm thinking of applying at the branch for both cards, the branch manger showed me a pre-approval in there system for the united plus club and a couple of other cards(not Marriott). My question is can I apply for both using one Hard/Pull and can I ask for one card to be a master card world elite or world?                                                                                                I have a Chase checking and saving account plus a freedom with a of cl $5000 and CSP cl of $9000.    My fico exquifax is 746, trans.plus 810 and experian plus is 748                                                                                                         

You have to apply twice. However, if you time the applications within secons of each other there's a good chance the consumer reporting agency (CRA) will merge the inquiries into one. Keep in mind that two applications to the same bank may result in inquiries on different reports, in which case you'll definitely get two separate inquiries.

Message 2 of 10
exdll1
Established Member

Re: Chase United Mileage Plus club and Marriott Rewards Premier card need advise .

Thanks a lot,

Message 3 of 10
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

The United Club is only offered as a visa signature now to new applicants, and I have a feeling the Marriott Premier is the same. I don't tihink either of them come in a mastercard version.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@exdll1 wrote:

Ask your branch manager or banker if two applications at same time will be one or two HP. I would almost bet it will be two HP but unless you are pull heavy Chase does not care, especially if you have a good history of PIF on existing card with them. Solid checking and saving history helps (or so I have been told in my branch). No doubt one will be approved and one will require recon call as that is how Chase deals with two card applications in one day. The branch should be able to make that recon call for you with you present - ask and verify they will do so as it is a big help. If not I would do a single app and come back in 30-60 days and app for the other. 

App for the card you want the most first. Also be prepared to wheel and deal with your credit limits as Chase likes to give you the card for a reduced limit on other cards. No real worries and they are just covering the bases and limiting exposure. However you don't look to be approaching the maximum credit limit for Chase (it's a personal thing as they do have a maximum exposure limit per person based on financial). Last point is there has been discussion as to the maximum number of cards chase will let one person possess. Some say it's 4 personal cards but I have not seen concrete proof of a hard number. I have 2 personal and 2 business and will be applying for another personal on my next churn on 7/1/13. 

Good luck!

Message 5 of 10
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@exdll1 wrote:

Ask your branch manager or banker if two applications at same time will be one or two HP. I would almost bet it will be two HP but unless you are pull heavy Chase does not care, especially if you have a good history of PIF on existing card with them. Solid checking and saving history helps (or so I have been told in my branch). No doubt one will be approved and one will require recon call as that is how Chase deals with two card applications in one day. The branch should be able to make that recon call for you with you present - ask and verify they will do so as it is a big help. If not I would do a single app and come back in 30-60 days and app for the other. 

App for the card you want the most first. Also be prepared to wheel and deal with your credit limits as Chase likes to give you the card for a reduced limit on other cards. No real worries and they are just covering the bases and limiting exposure. However you don't look to be approaching the maximum credit limit for Chase (it's a personal thing as they do have a maximum exposure limit per person based on financial). Last point is there has been discussion as to the maximum number of cards chase will let one person possess. Some say it's 4 personal cards but I have not seen concrete proof of a hard number. I have 2 personal and 2 business and will be applying for another personal on my next churn on 7/1/13. 

Good luck!

I'm fairly certain the number is higher than 4.

I currently have 3 with them, and the last time I spoke with Chase I told them I was considering applying another card (specifically with an EMV chip). I expressed my concern that I might be approaching their maximum exposure, and wanted to know if it would affect my application. They told me I wasn't anywhere near my limit.

I've heard of people having 5-6 personal cards, but it seems like they're more concerned with your total CL than exactly how many cards you have. I haven't seen anyone with more than 6, so I'm sure there's a limit somewhere.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 10
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@exdll1 wrote:

Good luck!

I'm fairly certain the number is higher than 4.

I currently have 3 with them, and the last time I spoke with Chase I told them I was considering applying another card (specifically with an EMV chip). I expressed my concern that I might be approaching their maximum exposure, and wanted to know if it would affect my application. They told me I wasn't anywhere near my limit.

I've heard of people having 5-6 personal cards, but it seems like they're more concerned with your total CL than exactly how many cards you have. I haven't seen anyone with more than 6, so I'm sure there's a limit somewhere.

I personally have 5. Never had a problem getting any of them. I am assuming that my checking account and personal investments have something to do with it. The last card I applied for, the black marriot, i got the 7-10 day message. I was approved a day later with my highest limit with them yet. Try depositing 1500 in a checking account and just let it stay there. I think you will see there attitude towards you or anyone change.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
exdll1
Established Member

@scenery_guy wrote:

@exdll1 wrote:

Good luck!

I know for a fact that some people can have up to six  Chase cards because I've seen their credit reports with 6 or more open and active chase  credit card accounts and your right about the wheeling and dealing with the credit line ,one person told me he had to pull $3000 from his Freedom line to make his new structure of six cards work. When I put an app. in at the branch they have to put me on the phone with a C/A rep. to verify its me and my app. Im going to do one first and than ask them to use the some pull for the other card.

Message 8 of 10
exdll1
Established Member

I put in the two app. 3 weeks ago, United club card came back fast with a $17000 line and the Marroitt card I applied at home on the same day  and they said that a letter will go out , Call the recon dept. and they said I was appoved for 13000 but they needed 2 days to link my marroitt reward account to the credit card plus now 3 weeks later I only see one pull on my credit report for experian.

Message 9 of 10
TM82
Regular Contributor

You lucked out, that's one of the rare reports I see of 2 cards and 1 pull. Everyone is different in terms of their maximum number of cards with Chase. Personally I'm on #5 with them but if your history is long and your income supports it, the sky is the limit. A friend if mine recently got the United Cub card, when I asked him how many active cards he has with Chase, through various mergers and acquisitions, he has around 15 different Chase cards and got the last one without any recon needed.m total CL with Chase has to be $160k+.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.