Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United MileagePlus Explorer CLI odds

tag
Gallager2014
Valued Member

Chase United MileagePlus Explorer CLI odds

I am planning on asking for a CLI of my Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card in May. What are my chances of getting the CL increased to 8k? The CL currently is 5k and the account was opened in July 2013.

Scores as of March are (EX: 621/ EQ: 622/ TU: 594).

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase United MileagePlus Explorer CLI odds

@Gallager2014 wrote:

I am planning on asking for a CLI of my Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card in May. What are my chances of getting the CL increased to 8k? The CL currently is 5k and the account was opened in July 2013.

Were those your scores when you were approved? What is your current util? What's on your CR's that's holding your scores down?

Message 2 of 10
Gallager2014
Valued Member

My scores were around 650 when I was approved. The highest one was around 670 once Chase Saphire and Explorer cards started reporting. Both have a 5k limit.

Total Util is about 85% but that should be near 40% in May. My last baddie was in January and I am told my high student loan account balances are also holding the score down.

Message 3 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Gallager2014 wrote:

My scores were around 650 when I was approved. The highest one was around 670 once Chase Saphire and Explorer cards started reporting. Both have a 5k limit.

Total Util is about 85% but that should be near 40% in May. My last baddie was in January and I am told my high student loan account balances are also holding the score down.

Even with the lowered util, I give you a 10-20% chance.  Your FICO scores will come up some once you drop below 50% but 40% is still high IMO.  What is the util on all of your Chase cards?

Message 4 of 10
Gallager2014
Valued Member

United Explorer: 66%. Sapphire: 90%

Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Gallager2014 wrote:

United Explorer: 66%. Sapphire: 90%

And you are going to get them both down to 40%?

Message 6 of 10
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Gallager2014 wrote:

i would suggest getting your utilization lower than 40% (like Lexie suggested). If those are indeed your actual FICO scores i would avoid having any creditor review my credit reports until at least my credit card debt is much lower. You can open a can of worms and have not only Chase but other lenders take adverse action on your accounts.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 10
Gallager2014
Valued Member

Yes. I also have 3 other cards that have about 0% - 5% Util.

Message 8 of 10
Gallager2014
Valued Member

What are the new odds with the new info? I would like to get the CLI to bring United from its current 5k to 12k.

TU: 654,

EQ: 668

EX: 666

Total Util: 32%

United Explorer Util: 69%

Chase Sapphire Util: 77%

Message 9 of 10
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@Gallager2014 wrote:

What are the new odds with the new info? I would like to get the CLI to bring United from its current 5k to 12k.

TU: 654,

EQ: 668

EX: 666

Total Util: 32%

United Explorer Util: 69%

Chase Sapphire Util: 77%

With the low scores and the high UTIL?

Me, I would not do it!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.