Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Vantage score required?

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Chase Vantage score required?

I've read in several threads here that Chase uses the Vantage score...

DW's Vantage score jumped 79 points in the last week, and will probably climb higher next week as several of her accounts have been paid down.

My question is, how high of a vantage score does one need to qualify for a Chase Slate?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Vantage score required?

@tcbofade wrote:

I've read in several threads here that Chase uses the Vantage score...

DW's Vantage score jumped 79 points in the last week, and will probably climb higher next week as several of her accounts have been paid down.

My question is, how high of a vantage score does one need to qualify for a Chase Slate?

They use the VS but not exclusively for every decision.

I don't know the level of the VS they might need to approve an application.

Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

With most lenders, your entire credit picture is used to make the decision.   They might decline you for having a certain score that is too low, but a higher score won't guarantee approval.  

Also, I agree with MVV's comments, in some cases they pull VS, but they do not use it exclusively for any products as far as I have seen.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Thanks for the responses...we're not sure of her current EQ Fico score... (Chase pulls EQ here), but it WAS 633 on 01 March, and her util was over 60%.

We are waiting for two statements to cut (one on the 3rd, one on the 4th) that will bring her reported utilization UNDER 50%.

We are hoping for a significant score increase when the CRAs update...

What I don't know is how MUCH she has to improve to be in the running for a Chase card...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.