Chase Verification Letter

tag
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Chase Verification Letter

Hey everyone,

I got a letter in the mail from Chase that says the following:

Dear Adam "grinlikechelsea"

We value our relationship and want to continue providing our services to you, but we need additional information from you. Chase policy requires us to obtain, verify and record identifying information for each customer.

Here is the information we require and do not have:

• Citizenship
  • Employer
  • Income

The rest of the letter drones on about how I have to do this by March 21, but it said I can either call or visit a branch. If I call (which I can't right now, phone is dead and no charger available at the moment), do I need any documents or is it just answering questions? I'm assuming if I visited the branch I'd need my DL, birth certificate, W-2, and all that jazz.

If you've had experience with the process, please let me know what to expect. I don't have anything to hide from them, I just don't know how prepared I need to be when I call eventually.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Verification Letter

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Hey everyone,

We value our relationship and want to continue providing our services to you, but we need additional information from you. Chase policy requires us to obtain, verify and record identifying information for each customer.

• Citizenship
  • Employer
  • Income

The rest of the letter drones on about how I have to do this by March 21, but it said I can either call or visit a branch. If I call (which I can't right now, phone is dead and no charger available at the moment), do I need any documents or is it just answering questions? I'm assuming if I visited the branch I'd need my DL, birth certificate, W-2, and all that jazz.

If you've had experience with the process, please let me know what to expect. I don't have anything to hide from them, I just don't know how prepared I need to be when I call eventually.

I think that if Chase said you can call in the info, it will just be question & answer with no actual documentation. They would have probably asked you to mail or fax them documentation if they actually needed it. The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 25
enharu
Super Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Hey everyone,

• Citizenship
  • Employer
  • Income

just bring all relevant documents to a branch, if its not too much trouble.

you can also try calling them. they might require you to fax a copy of those documents over.

it's mostly just ID and income verification.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 25
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Thanks guys! I've got matching documents so it should be smooth sailing either way. I just prefer not going to the branch because it is always extremely crowded (but they do have coffee so hmm...).

Message 4 of 25
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Update:

I called today and was transferred around a lot because they were confused about what portion of my accounts needed to be updated. It did get fixed, and all the reps were super nice. So if you get a letter similar to mine, call customer service and say your Chase profile needs to be updated. Once they understood that, it was just answering questions. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 25
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Do you know what triggered this letter? Did you recently move?

Message 6 of 25
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Do you know what triggered this letter? Did you recently move?

I'm not sure. I did apply for (and was approved upon recon) the Chase Marriott Premier a few days ago, but they letter is dated before that. I'm thinking that it has something to do with me being under 21 and having pretty high limits with them. I have the income (and documents to support it), but that was my guess. 

Edit: I have not moved. 

Message 7 of 25
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

thks..was just curious ..Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 25
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

thks..was just curious ..Smiley Tongue

You're welcome! I was curious too, but the CSRs were confused as to why that section of my profile was never completed. It was strange Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 25
Druid001

I received the same letter asking for Citizenship and Income only.

It's just another way of violating your privacy in order to obtain more info about you.  Now they can give your account to "partner" corporations if you are within their "income range" so that they can flood you with offers, or so that Chase itself can do the same.

I'm not going to provide them my income, it's none of their business unless the government wants it or something.  Whenever something happens that I don't like with Chase, I just tell them I will be closing my accounts and they immediately apologize and put a halt to whatever they are doing.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.