Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Verification

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Chase Verification

I apped for the Marriott card and got the pending 7-10 days. I called their BackDoor number and said I need to call their Verification department. What do they typically ask for ? ID, proof of Income or etc?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Verification

More typically I've seen them ask for info verifying your identity and your credit.. Don't see too much income verification from Chase around here, but it happens on occasion. Good luck!
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 2 of 17
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I apped for the Marriott card and got the pending 7-10 days. I called their BackDoor number and said I need to call their Verification department. What do they typically ask for ? ID, proof of Income or etc?

Yes, normally.

Since you are already Chase customer not much would be asked to you. Just one or two verification question as to like what is your limit on your Chase, what was your address before current, etc...

Just an additional information - If you had applied in say last 1-2 days, their 70,000 points bonus offer is now after $2,000 spending in 3 months. When I applied end last month, it was just $1,000 spending in three months. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 3 of 17
MT936
Established Contributor

im guessing just proof of identity like address phone number and stuff like that

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 4 of 17
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Ah I figured since i Went from 1 Chase card which was my amazon to 5 if you want to include this one in 2 months 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 5 of 17
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@hizzaah wrote:
More typically I've seen them ask for info verifying your identity and your credit.. Don't see too much income verification from Chase around here, but it happens on occasion. Good luck!

I concur that income verification is rare when you apply for new card. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 6 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

it seems silly when you already have an account with them but they seem to be sending a HUGe portion if their applications through verification now and they must have been closed? they usually transfer you right over from credit and you answer 3 multiple choice questions and if you get them right they will give you instant approval with CL, if you get them wrong, you will be asked to mail or fax in documents (proof of address, and you (ID, Social security card) before getting approval)

be careful, I have talked about these public record verification questions with chase in many posts lately, if any question is related to you, your dog, your tree in the front yard of the hosue you grew up in 15 years ago... they are thinking that question is a yes, don't say it doesn't apply to you because it was a brother or something!

Message 7 of 17
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

it seems silly when you already have an account with them but they seem to be sending a HUGe portion if their applications through verification now and they must have been closed? they usually transfer you right over from credit and you answer 3 multiple choice questions and if you get them right they will give you instant approval with CL, if you get them wrong, you will be asked to mail or fax in documents (proof of address, and you (ID, Social security card) before getting approval)

be careful, I have talked about these public record verification questions with chase in many posts lately, if any question is related to you, your dog, your tree in the front yard of the hosue you grew up in 15 years ago... they are thinking that question is a yes, don't say it doesn't apply to you because it was a brother or something!

Yeah they close at 8 and I called at 8:30 Lol 

I actually applied for a MArriott rewards number  and they said I already had one so I figured ill call Chase and see whats up lol.

Edit: I applied for the marriott rewards number after since I would be staying at one and figured i was declined so i went to make a rewards number since i do have a CSP i could transfer points to in the future

Message 8 of 17
irrational
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

This was my experiance as well. Applied online for my CSP, but had to call their fraud department to verify my identity. They asked me normal stuff like who holds my mortgage, approximate mortgage payment, and my date of birth... The she asked me how old I was... Thoughest question of the bunch, actually had to pause and think on that one, lol.

After answering all those questions she approved me on the spot, and told me my initial CL... Actually asked her to repeat it when she said $15,000... Lol.

Current Score: TU (discover) 720 - 6/29/14 | EQ (score watch) 777 - 7/19/14 - Last App 7/21/14

NPSL          |      $27,600         |      $15,000      |      $7,000      |     $2,800     |      $11,000    |      $13,530      |      $5,200
Message 9 of 17
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

I had to call them too. It was random stuff from my credit, like which address of the four following did you previously live? Which Mortgage company did you have an account with? Probably had to verify 5 different addresses (like I had to name some from my report, I named last 3) and then they asked later to verify a few more.

Kinda weird. I had to do something similar with Barclay but Chase was longer with more questions.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.