Did you mean: 

Chase Visa SIgnature card??

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Visa SIgnature card??

@longtimelurker wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

You can get a large limit from Chase but it still may not be a Visa Signature card. Some people have 8k lines and still have a platinum card. It just depends.

And other issuers:  my highest V/MC CL ($33K) is a Visa Plat, my lowest (5K) is a world MC

+1 Right!! lol

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 20
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

More the Blue cash everyday 3%food 2%gas or the BCpreferred 6%food 3%gas.  I kinda realize that the freedom and discover similar if not better numbers.

I am gonna use the amex more for large purchases and want in with the amex. As towards the Amex everyday I am not sure I would easily do 20 swipes unless I really really went to do it. Especially if I want to spread speanding on 3 new cards to make them all happy as I can : ) I am open to changing my mind before my 2 week spree starts

Message 12 of 20
jugstore
Valued Member

I have a Freedom Visa (5K CL) that just turned one year old.  I successfully changed to a Visa Signature through secure messaging a few days ago.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gardening since 5-2014
Message 13 of 20
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

You can get a large limit from Chase but it still may not be a Visa Signature card. Some people have 8k lines and still have a platinum card. It just depends.

+1 - I was approved for Freedom with a 8k limit, and it is not a Siggy. It is not worth the time to get it changed to a Siggy, as I have other Signature cards.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 14 of 20
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@MidnightJester wrote:

If a person wanted a visa sig card for the CHASE FREEDOM how does it work? DO you just apply and if you qualify they give it to you?? or do you have to ask for it specifically?? Is it a option when you apply online?? or do you have to apply on phone or in Branch??

You select & apply for the card that suits need, if you don't qualify; they may offer you a CC with lower limit or benefits.

Best of luck

Message 15 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

You apply and if qualified they'll give you VIsa Signature, if not they give you Visa Platinum instead.

You can upgrade later if you didn't get it at first try, but you may need to escalate it to execuitive office to do it.

+1  even though I have another Chase card as Signature card and all of my other Visa cards are Siggy cards Chase denies the upgrade constantly for me. My Freedom is 15 months old a 5 K limit since last year but not a chance for me....the worst is that they deny and do not give a reason to work on Smiley Sad ....a SD card for me as I need the Siggy benefits for purchases. 

(as it is now I use it on restaurants and gas in the 5% categories only, more expensive items I buy with Siggy, WMC or Amex....too bad Chase you do not want my business)

Message 16 of 20
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@MidnightJester wrote:

The primary reason I was more into the Visa Sig cards was due to my inner belief they would give a larger starting CL with it then a non-Visa Sig card of same like.

As others have indicated you've got the causality backwards.  It's not Sig that gives higher limits.  It's one's credit that qualifies for the Sig and the higher limit.

I also have a Platinum with a much higher limit than any of my Sigs.

@MidnightJester wrote:

More the Blue cash everyday 3%food 2%gas or the BCpreferred 6%food 3%gas.  I kinda realize that the freedom and discover similar if not better numbers.

Apples and oranges though.  You're comparing rotators to those that don't rotate.  5% could be useful one quarter and useless the next -- all depends on one's spend.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

lg8302ch - It took me from 2005 until July 2014 to get Chase to convert my regular Visa to a Visa Signature. Soooo... likely you will get them to convert. Chase was caught in my coming over from Providian/WAMU and got burned so they made me wait nine years.
Message 18 of 20
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

My understanding is that Chase determines your eligibility for the Sig Visa at time of approval. If you don't get it, then you can request an upgrade after 12 months. When my mom upgraded her freedom to a Sig VIsa, they asked her for income and employment information. She was also soft pulled. 

I have way too many cards ...
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

UTK_GOBO - Some of us have had Chase products for many years (going back). The rules are not all the same. Further, our credit past performance with Chase and creditors in general plays into it. In my case, Chase was being cautious because of my past performance back to 2001. When I converted I used the Chase "secured message". Chase did not contact me for any information other than my secured message approval to convert to the Chase Freedom Visa Signature.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.