Contributor
lacedup2go

Chase/Wamu Card Combo

I know there are posts out there regarding Chase Product Change since Chase took over Wamu and some have been able to combine their Chase/Wamu Cards . . . but I just had to share this - I called Chase today and asked them to combine my $200 CL Chase Rewards card with my Wamu Card - CL of $1,750.  They denied me since I carried a blance on the Chase card within the last 3 months - It currently has a zero balance on it.  They said to carry a balance of $0 for three months and then it would be eligible to combine.

I hate this stupid $200 Chase Card - I think it is actually negatively impacting my credit score and I want to dump the card as Chase has never raised the limit (even after asking for CLI's).  However, this was one of the first cards I got to rebuild my FICO score, so it's a longer trade line, so I purchase gas on it every couple of months.  I'd like to dump the Wamu card too, but have kept it as the CL is decent and it's a longer trade line too (though I have cards with 3K CL's on them and ideally would like ones that are higher).

Isn't asking me not to use it for 3 months basically saying they will probably close the account for non-use??

Before MyFico as of 11/2007: EQ: 554 TU: 530
After MyFico as of 2/2009: EQ: 678 EX: 662 TU: 654
Established Member
paydownin09

Re: Chase/Wamu Card Combo

I could be wrong, but it sounds like they just want it to have a $0 statement balance for 3 months.  SO theoretically you can charge stuff on it then pay it off before the statement date rolls around.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+