Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase/Wamu/Providian Blacklisting

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Chase/Wamu/Providian Blacklisting

Back in college about 3-4 years ago I defaulted on two cards: Chase Student & Providian (PayPal CC serviced by them, I believe).  I'm curious, does Chase blacklist you forever, or is there a certain amount of time before they'll consider giving out a card to you?  Are they any more lenient on store-branded cards versus their own brand?  I guess on the bright side now that Chase has bought out Wamu/Providian I only really have one credit company that I've burned bridges with. 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase/Wamu/Providian Blacklisting

we're in a similar situation. i had a providian and wamu credit cards back in college (2000-2004) and both got charged off in 04. WaMu bought out providian; chase bought out wamu. now my charge-off tradelines were changed over to Chase so they both say "Chase Bank NA -- Charge Off"

I freaked out when i saw that because I've been rebuilding my credit since those CO's and was hoping to get the Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards credit card one day. i freaked out because I assumed that i was now in the Chase "recovery" system and would be blacklisted by them. i called the Chase executive office in Illinois, the recovery department, the credit processing dept (applications) and even spoke to a credit analyst. They all said the same thing: they do not blacklist because at some point, those accounts (whether they were originally with Chase or not) will be expunged from their archives in 7-10 years, usually in line the SOL for derogatory accounts. they also said that if you do apply and are denied because of past derogatory history with them (ie, a form of blacklisting), you can call and do a recon and explain those accounts were with other creditors that Chase bought out.

hope this helps 

Message Edited by emartin82 on 04-05-2009 09:01 PM
Message 2 of 3
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Chase/Wamu/Providian Blacklisting

Thanks for info and sorry for taking so long to respond back.  I hope the date they remove these from records is sooner rather than later! Smiley Happy
Message Edited by vonMannstein on 04-11-2009 02:23 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.