lydiadietz

Chase-Wamu-Providian

Does anyone know if Chase is blacklisting for old Provodian CO's the way Wamu did? I had a CO with them that's no longer on my reports but I know from reading things here that it didn't matter with Wamu and the Providian blacklist was sort of forever. Just wondering if Chase will be doing the same.
Regular Contributor
hotpoint

Re: Chase-Wamu-Providian

No way to tell, but here's my story. 

I have two CO (reporting zero balance w/Providian).  I was approved for a 4500 CL w/WaMu about 3 - 4 mos. ago.  I pull my credit quite often, and everything related to WaMu on my report including inquires pulled by WaMu and my oldest acct., which is the CO w/Providian has been changed to Chase (Name Wise).

Recently, after receiving a letter from Chase, and reading a couple of forum here I called Chase about my WaMu account.  I asked the lady, if I qualify for any special programs, and she said, "Sir, you currently have the best program, but if you like we can replace your WaMu card with a new Chase card. 

By the way, be very careful of the Predator Credit Cards/Banks . . . Good Luck.

Hotpoint . . .

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+