Contributor
rjkl

Chase/Wamu merger

With the whole Chase/Wamu merger, what I am wondering is for those of us that are "adopted" to the Chase family (us Wamuians, if you will), will Chase attempt to slowly rid of certain customers who don't meet their image of "Chase Material" or will they graciously try to accomodate us the way they do their existing customers?  I have two Wamu cards with excellent history and have always contemplated acquiring a Chase card but never attempted due to BK in 2001.  (I know Chase asks this question before you ever even apply).  Any thoughts???

TU=712
EQ=672
EX=675

Contributor
bcnu176

Re: Chase/Wamu merger

exactly my story too. I'd like to know as well. I have a wamu visa and mc. Will these be phased over to chase or will they close the accounts? I do have 1 visa with chase- the disney rewards. But whats the limit to the number of credit cards you can have with chase? If there limit is 2 does that mean they will close one of my accounts or will they even be phased over at all?
TU: 631, EQ: 657, EX: 674
Senior Contributor
mickie08

I think for th emost part people will be OK.  It would be a bad time to go over limit or miss a payment I would thnk though....  I would probably want to keep util under 50% if I could and under 25% if possible.
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

I don't think any knows whats gonna happen you will just have to wait an see.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
miahmarie

bcnu176 wrote:
exactly my story too. I'd like to know as well. I have a wamu visa and mc. Will these be phased over to chase or will they close the accounts? I do have 1 visa with chase- the disney rewards. But whats the limit to the number of credit cards you can have with chase? If there limit is 2 does that mean they will close one of my accounts or will they even be phased over at all?

In your case, I once had three Chase accounts. Disney, Amazon and Seamiles. I combined them into one, but at one point in time I did have three accounts with Chase!
Established Contributor
nicemann

Well it's funny when you say "Chase Material".....About 8 years ago I was dumb and let my young self screw up my credit.  I had CC charge offs from Chase, Providian, Wellsfargo, AMEX, and Discover.  Long story on why that happen.

Been trying to rebuild my credit over the last year.  My CR was clean other then two medical COs.  I appied for WAMU about 5 months ago.  I was declined due to the CO with Providian.  Of course WAMU merged with Providian.  Talking to them for a recon didn't get me anywhere. 

I figured what the heck I was burning up INQs anyways so I figured I would try Chase.  I had a $2,000 CO with them.  I appied online and got the 7-10 day message.  I called them up two days later and the lady explained to me I was declined but offered to look at the app.  She started to question me about the two medicals and I answered those questions.  Then she says she sees why I was denied.  I had a charge off with them that was never paid.  It was still in their system.  Asked me what happened, told her I fell on hard times.  She said she understands and would reverse the denial and give me a $3,000 CL.  Heck I was excepting like a $500 CL.  I of course was not going to get my hopes up till I had the card.  Well about 2 weeks or so later I got it. 

So at least for me it was much harder to get back in good with WAMU then with Chase.  Learned my lesson, I pay everything right when the bill cuts if not before now.
As of 04/23/2011 - 731 for EQ FICO
As of 03/02/2012 - 779 for TU FICO
As of 12/2010 - 720 - 729 For EX (Chase FICO Score Provided by EX)
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

I hear it's going to take some time before Chase and WaMu truly merge. Chase is backing WaMu now but operating independently. I think you might have about 6 months to raise scores. But they said sell off not close I believe. Either way I think you keep your accounts. But will it stay with chase or sell to someone else don't know?
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
New Visitor
redheadedpenelope

Your bankruptcy wouldn't be a factor since it was seven years ago :smileyhappy:
I've got Chase and WaMu accts...I had Bank One accts and when they merged, there was no difference. Hope this helps :smileyhappy:
New Visitor
redheadedpenelope

I've got several Chase accts...so you can def. have two or more! Hope this helps :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
SherriLynn

I also have a cc with Wamu, and I'm hoping it will convert to a Chase MC, that would be awesome!  IMO, I believe they will convert all cc accts in good standing and sell off the delinquent ones.  I'm a little worried since I included a Chase Visa in my BK 11/05.  :smileyindifferent:  Any thoughts?
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+