tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase White Card?

@gettnthere wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

@gettnthere wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Is his centurion a personal or business centurion.  Business centurion is ghetto.  They were giving them out like candy back in the day.  Plus business centurions don't get the gifts and invites and gift cards the personal one gets.

hahahahahaahaha CRASHEM thats freakin hilarious!!!!Smiley Very Happy....but true lol. awesome way to put it!

half joking, but the facts are true.  They offered a startup I was involved with one right away with no spend.  Couldn't justify using investor money On it.  Another bad thing about business cent, it you aren't involved with business or it goes under, you aren't really suppose tokeep it, but many do

so i guess the AMEX business Cent. has pretty much become diluted then huh

actually centurion was becomiNg diluted.  With last standard, it was 250k spending.  However they were letting people who weretracking that spend get it.  Spend 20ishk for a couple of months and then ask for centurion and then never spend it again.  Really easy for even tiny businesses to do that.  So they basically stopped giving them out in 2011 with few exceptions.  Still wasn't giving out this year until recently.  Some businses cent confirmed out. Rumors of personal cent invites going out but no confirmation.  The big deal is that Amex is tight lipped about requirements and what it takes to get invite again.  I wish they would raise af on old centurions who got grandfather with lower fees.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 65
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Is his centurion a personal or business centurion.  Business centurion is ghetto.  They were giving them out like candy back in the day.  Plus business centurions don't get the gifts and invites and gift cards the personal one gets.

It's a personal card, he doesn't own a business, he's my manager, so I call him boss lol. He does receive gifts I think twice a year, he just not too long ago received a Mont Blanc pen from them.

By the way, he does get stuff from the Visa black card as well, not sure what though.

Message 12 of 65
bribro
Valued Contributor

Personally, I think your boss/manager is full of it. First of all, $1M in investments at JPM is nothing; people with $10M get turned away as clients. I think he's lying about his credit limit and the AF reduction. The white card thing I know for a fact is not true.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 13 of 65
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

Seriously though did you tell him he's an idiot for having a Visa Black card? I'm pretty sure the qualifications for that card is that you have a pulse and $495.

Yep..Smiley Sad

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 65
swpopham
Established Contributor

bribro (Established Contributor) Aug 31

Add Comment

"Personally, I think your boss/manager is full of it. First of all, $1M in investments at JPM is nothing; people with $10M get turned away as clients. I think he's lying about his credit limit and the AF reduction. The white card thing I know for a fact is not true."

That is so true, but the opposite the jpm banking wing really liked my business plan and motivation. Saw i was not joking and took us under their wing. They usually have a vested interest in their chosen customers. With the guys we deal with would do anything for us. But if i called saying i wanted an af reduced or waived they would say go pound sand.
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 15 of 65
CS800
Super Contributor

I mean the palladium is made of Palladium, if the white card was to come out, I wonder what it would be made of? Rhodium??

Message 16 of 65
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

@bribro wrote:

Personally, I think your boss/manager is full of it. First of all, $1M in investments at JPM is nothing; people with $10M get turned away as clients. I think he's lying about his credit limit and the AF reduction. The white card thing I know for a fact is not true.

Not about his investments, AMEX Centurion or Visa black card, I have seen them with my own eyes.

About the AF, limit and white card, I have no idea, but I don't suspect a reason why he would make that up. When he gets his Palladium and adds it to his account, he will show me his limit, so why would he lie about it now?

Message 17 of 65
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I mean the palladium is made of Palladium, if the white card was to come out, I wonder what it would be made of? Rhodium??

crystallized marshmallow flavored vodka with your name in Swarovski crystals. Otherwise, why bother?

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 18 of 65
LS2982
Mega Contributor

This thread has tanner potential.....

Popcorn ready Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 65
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
This thread has tanner potential.....

Popcorn ready Smiley Happy

Yep, really helpful stuff lol

Message 20 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.