Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase White Card?

tag
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase White Card?

@Jlu wrote:

Hold on just a second. I own a car dealership nevermind being a General Sales Manager and I don't make $35k a month.Trust me, there are no GSM's that make $35k a month, the owners would never let that happen. Industry standards have GSM's making around $100k/year which is a little over $8k/month. If he made $35k/month that would be $420k/year - say that in your head a few times and let me know if you still believe that. I know Ernie Boch Jr., the billionaire who owns both the top-volume Honda dealership in the world and top-volume Toyota dealership in the US and his GSM's don't make more than $200k/year. I'm not calling you a liar, perhaps you are misinformed, but as an industry insider I need to make a BS call here.

EDIT: Oh and I wasn't bashing in my previous post, just adding a little humor to the thread as I tend to do often.

Jlu, then the GSM's you know don't make enough money lol. I almost make that in a year and I'm just an internet manager.. Yes, he does indeed make 20k salary and 15k in bonuses (earnbacks from the manufacturer and in house bonuses), which if my calculator is correct = 35k. Why would I make this stuff up? Everything that I have written I have seen with my own eyes, besides the freaking Chase White Card. Trust me, my GM/part owner makes a lot more than that. We sell over 1,000 new cars between our 4 stores and are privately owned. Just because you don't make that kind of money, doesn't mean others don't Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 65
Jlu
Established Contributor

1,000 new cars per month?

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 32 of 65
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Yes sir, between the 4 stores..

Message 33 of 65
Jlu
Established Contributor

I'm guessing that must be a mix between new/used. I don't know anyone in the business averaging over 58 new cars a week every week out of one store. And even if it is a mix of new/used I still don't believe it. Although this is the internet where cats with pop-tart bodies can fly while sh!tting out a rainbow.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 34 of 65
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

I'm guessing that must be a mix between new/used. I don't know anyone in the business averaging over 58 new cars a week every week out of one store. And even if it is a mix of new/used I still don't believe it. Although this is the internet where cats with pop-tart bodies can fly while sh!tting out a rainbow.

Nope, 1,000 just new, used we probably do only 150-200 between the 4 stores, not a lot. Bottom line is, I don't need you to believe me lol. But please check your facts before calling others liars.

Message 35 of 65
TM82
Regular Contributor

For him to make 35k a month from his investments and his portfolio is around a million you said he would need a average return of around 40%. Even if his portfolio was 6 million it would have to average of around 7%.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 36 of 65
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@TM82 wrote:
For him to make 35k a month from his investments and his portfolio is around a million you said he would need a average return of around 40%. Even if his portfolio was 6 million it would have to average of around 7%.

+1. The math just doesn't add up, which leads many of us to believe it's not accurate. The numbers just don't make any sense whatsoever to anyone who is "in the know".

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 37 of 65
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Why is everyone such haters on this post! Hahaha
Cray cray
:-O
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 38 of 65
sjt
Senior Contributor

@bribro wrote:

Personally, I think your boss/manager is full of it. First of all, $1M in investments at JPM is nothing; people with $10M get turned away as clients. I think he's lying about his credit limit and the AF reduction. The white card thing I know for a fact is not true.

The $250K credit line could be secured by his investments. 1M in investments could be held at either Chase Private Client ot JPM Securities.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 39 of 65
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@bribro wrote:

Personally, I think your boss/manager is full of it. First of all, $1M in investments at JPM is nothing; people with $10M get turned away as clients. I think he's lying about his credit limit and the AF reduction. The white card thing I know for a fact is not true.

The $250K credit line could be secured by his investments. 1M in investments could be held at either Chase Private Client ot JPM Securities.

According to post #1, only half of his investments are with JPM. 500k will get you into CPC but not PB. I'm inclined to trust bribro more than his boss as he works for JPM.

Regardless, it still doesn't add up and I stand by that.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 40 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.