Chase White Card?

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Re: Chase White Card?

@bribro wrote:

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

@bribro wrote:

Personally, I think your boss/manager is full of it. First of all, $1M in investments at JPM is nothing; people with $10M get turned away as clients. I think he's lying about his credit limit and the AF reduction. The white card thing I know for a fact is not true.

Not about his investments, AMEX Centurion or Visa black card, I have seen them with my own eyes.

About the AF, limit and white card, I have no idea, but I don't suspect a reason why he would make that up. When he gets his Palladium and adds it to his account, he will show me his limit, so why would he lie about it now?

This whole thread is very suspect, hence my skepticism. Putting aside your manager's apparent confusion about a non-existent JPMC white card and his supposed 40% return from "playing" with stocks (in a flat market), what kind of boss/manager/person goes around showing their credit limits to employees?

Im not saying its true or false. I dont care, but I do find it weird of him to give out so much personal information. I dont know though, maybe if I was able to get such great cards and had millions id do the same lol, but It struck me as odd for him to share such information with an employee. Id feel uncomfortable knowing how much my boss makes, what CCs they have, their Investments, etc. I feel weird just typing about it haha

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 51 of 65
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

LOL... I find myself being a little uncomfortable just discussing my own credit experiences much less my income and investments with total strangers.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 52 of 65
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

LOL... I find myself being a little uncomfortable just discussing my own credit experiences much less my income and investments with total strangers.  Smiley Happy

I get that feeling, but realize its just embarassment haha thats why I have these forums, I dont have to be embarassed, but I can take care of business and ask the questions I need to ask Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 53 of 65
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

LOL... true true.  It is embarrassment!  Gosh, thank goodness for these forums.  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 54 of 65
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Because he likes to brag lol. He is very open with some of us that have been here long with the company. We even go over his house once in a while to have a few drinks. Some people are more open than others, I don't mind sharing my stuff with some of the people I work with, I don't have a problem with it. He was actually the one who kind of guided me to improve m credit, PIF before statement cuts, keep util down, etc. And then I did some research and found this forum which has helped me as well.

Message 55 of 65
bribro
Valued Contributor

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

Because he likes to brag lol. He is very open with some of us that have been here long with the company. We even go over his house once in a while to have a few drinks. Some people are more open than others, I don't mind sharing my stuff with some of the people I work with, I don't have a problem with it. He was actually the one who kind of guided me to improve m credit, PIF before statement cuts, keep util down, etc. And then I did some research and found this forum which has helped me as well.

Well there you go. In my experience, people who like to brag also tend to exaggerate when doing so. They might even go so far as to make up stories about cards that don't exist in order to make it seem like they have the inside scoop, when they really don't. Smiley Wink

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 56 of 65
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Well that's why I asked if anyone knew about it's future release in the first place!

Message 57 of 65
mrcrush20
New Contributor

So I talked to my buddie who works for JPM... she laughed at me. Apperently she works in a very deppressed area of southern california and the high side for credit applications she sees is 650's. Shes never heard of a chase white card OR seen the Chase palladium for that matter, she is goign to talk to DH who is a branch manager at another store that is a JPM private client center.

I did happen to come accros some info thay supports my statment  that the Palladuim is a "perk" for those that have XX in a chase account and less of a prduct that chase makes money on. i would guess that make more money on the sums and accounts from the private client.

"the typical mass market household earned $630 for the bank compared with $1,193 for a household in the affluent segment."

new york times

I texted her to ask DH about this as well.. 

Message 58 of 65
bribro
Valued Contributor

@mrcrush20 wrote:

So I talked to my buddie who works for JPM... she laughed at me. Apperently she works in a very deppressed area of southern california and the high side for credit applications she sees is 650's. Shes never heard of a chase white card OR seen the Chase palladium for that matter, she is goign to talk to DH who is a branch manager at another store that is a JPM private client center.

I did happen to come accros some info thay supports my statment  that the Palladuim is a "perk" for those that have XX in a chase account and less of a prduct that chase makes money on. i would guess that make more money on the sums and accounts from the private client.

"the typical mass market household earned $630 for the bank compared with $1,193 for a household in the affluent segment."

new york times

I texted her to ask DH about this as well.. 

I'm pretty sure that JPMC, on average, makes money off Palladium card holders, but this card was indeed designed as a perk for existing PB/PWM/JPMS/CPC clients (and a lure to attract new ones).

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 59 of 65
mrcrush20
New Contributor

So my buddie talked to DH the Manager at JPM private client center and he assured me JPM is making a return on the Palladium. Has seen no hard numbers or fact sheet but put it this way, "I've done this long enough to know when we make money we keep doing it, when we don't we axe it". If it was a product losing money it would go away very fast but it dose not have to be a direct profit from the card it self. The portfolios attached to the card may be more then enough that it justifies the card.

Also said never heard of the White card but would not hear about it until they started to roll out "propaganda" , traning, in branch branding and so on. He voice that a new producted aimed at the same target market as Palladium did not make much sense to him. If it was a card that non JPM PB members could get it would make a little better argument for another.  

so to recap : I still dont know but I do not really see it happening, but what do i know..i would be more then happy to be wrong IFFFF :]

ring ring "ah Mr crush we see that you have $50.00 in your JPM account we would like to invite you to join the membership of the JPM UBER exclusive white card ,only offered to .5% of the US. 

ill keep dreaming

Message 60 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.