Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Won't Reopen Closed Accounts??

tag
BlueHusky
Contributor

Chase Won't Reopen Closed Accounts??

I had my chase amazon visa closed a few years ago when my credit was bad. After I fixed everything, I called back and they said they can't reopen closed lines...is this true? Should I try again?

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Won't Reopen Closed Accounts??

I've been reading on amazons forums, seems as though a lot of people are experiencing problems with chase over their amazon branded cards.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 15
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Once a account is closed its for good.
Message 3 of 15
BlueHusky
Contributor

Bleh thanks.

I hate Chase. lol

Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)

Message 4 of 15
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I haven't really seen a lot of credit cards re-opened after they have been closed.  I've read about a couple of store cards here and there, but not really any credit cards.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 5 of 15
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

C/O not paid. I just been there and done that. I didn't realize. That was a C/O from 10 years ago. Im on their black list.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 6 of 15
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Well lets see. You had a chase account several years ago. Due to some action or lack of action on your part, chase closed the account. Several years later, you fixed everything. By fixing everything do you mean you paid them? How many years had it been? Chase should now reopen your several years old closed account now becuase you want them too. Not trying to knock you, but with the lack of specifics, it would seem to me that chase is being prudent.
Message 7 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Chris123nTx wrote:
Well lets see. You had a chase account several years ago. Due to some action or lack of action on your part, chase closed the account. Several years later, you fixed everything. By fixing everything do you mean you paid them? How many years had it been? Chase should now reopen your several years old closed account now becuase you want them too. Not trying to knock you, but with the lack of specifics, it would seem to me that chase is being prudent.

+1

Maybe if it was closed for a few months but not years.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 15
BlueHusky
Contributor

@Chris123nTx wrote:

1. I don't like your tone. Are you a Chase employee? I suggest you calm down or don't post on my thread, okay? This forum has been helpful/supportive and I've enjoyed the atmosphere, don't ruin that.

2. No, I never had a late payment, and that's why I'm annoyed. I had high utilization on all of my cards, but I NEVER had a late payment...I could just only afford to pay the minimum payment each month for about a year. After a year, I paid off the full balances and my credit score shot back up. During that time period, NO other company closed any of my cards, aside from Chase. I just find that unneccesary since I hadn't paid anything late - and they closed an account that had a 90% utilization anyway...I wasn't going to be able to charge more on it even if they had left it open.

Message 9 of 15
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@BlueHusky wrote:

@Chris123nTx wrote:

1. I don't like your tone. Are you a Chase employee? I suggest you calm down or don't post on my thread, okay? This forum has been helpful/supportive and I've enjoyed the atmosphere, don't ruin that.

2. No, I never had a late payment, and that's why I'm annoyed. I had high utilization on all of my cards, but I NEVER had a late payment...I could just only afford to pay the minimum payment each month for about a year. After a year, I paid off the full balances and my credit score shot back up. During that time period, NO other company closed any of my cards, aside from Chase. I just find that unneccesary since I hadn't paid anything late - and they closed an account that had a 90% utilization anyway...I wasn't going to be able to charge more on it even if they had left it open.

I will grant you that Chris responded in a less-than-cordial tone, but accusing someone of being a Chase shill simply because he challenged your outrage is not quite supporting a positive atmosphere, either. Just sayin... Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.