Contributor
BlueHusky

Chase Won't Reopen Closed Accounts??

I had my chase amazon visa closed a few years ago when my credit was bad. After I fixed everything, I called back and they said they can't reopen closed lines...is this true? Should I try again?

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
webhopper

Re: Chase Won't Reopen Closed Accounts??

I've been reading on amazons forums, seems as though a lot of people are experiencing problems with chase over their amazon branded cards.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Mike360

[ Edited ]
Once a account is closed its for good.
~~In my wallet: Best Buy $7500, Dell Preferred $5500, Discover IT $4000, Chase Freedom $3500, Barclays NFL Extra Points $3300, Sears $2800, Bill Me Later $2100, CapOne Platinum $2000, Kohls $1500, Target $200
Contributor
BlueHusky

Bleh thanks.

I hate Chase. lol

Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)

Valued Contributor
clocktick

I haven't really seen a lot of credit cards re-opened after they have been closed.  I've read about a couple of store cards here and there, but not really any credit cards.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 JUNE 2014 TU 779 EX 764 EQ 721
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Barclays LLBean $15k/Sallie Mae $12.5 -Cap One QS $4 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Frequent Contributor
Brian_Trying_700

C/O not paid. I just been there and done that. I didn't realize. That was a C/O from 10 years ago. Im on their black list.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Frequent Contributor
Chris123nTx

Well lets see. You had a chase account several years ago. Due to some action or lack of action on your part, chase closed the account. Several years later, you fixed everything. By fixing everything do you mean you paid them? How many years had it been? Chase should now reopen your several years old closed account now becuase you want them too. Not trying to knock you, but with the lack of specifics, it would seem to me that chase is being prudent.
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Chris123nTx wrote:
Well lets see. You had a chase account several years ago. Due to some action or lack of action on your part, chase closed the account. Several years later, you fixed everything. By fixing everything do you mean you paid them? How many years had it been? Chase should now reopen your several years old closed account now becuase you want them too. Not trying to knock you, but with the lack of specifics, it would seem to me that chase is being prudent.

+1

Maybe if it was closed for a few months but not years.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Contributor
BlueHusky

[ Edited ]

Chris123nTx wrote:

1. I don't like your tone. Are you a Chase employee? I suggest you calm down or don't post on my thread, okay? This forum has been helpful/supportive and I've enjoyed the atmosphere, don't ruin that.

2. No, I never had a late payment, and that's why I'm annoyed. I had high utilization on all of my cards, but I NEVER had a late payment...I could just only afford to pay the minimum payment each month for about a year. After a year, I paid off the full balances and my credit score shot back up. During that time period, NO other company closed any of my cards, aside from Chase. I just find that unneccesary since I hadn't paid anything late - and they closed an account that had a 90% utilization anyway...I wasn't going to be able to charge more on it even if they had left it open.

Established Contributor
CreditCrusader

BlueHusky wrote:

Chris123nTx wrote:

1. I don't like your tone. Are you a Chase employee? I suggest you calm down or don't post on my thread, okay? This forum has been helpful/supportive and I've enjoyed the atmosphere, don't ruin that.

2. No, I never had a late payment, and that's why I'm annoyed. I had high utilization on all of my cards, but I NEVER had a late payment...I could just only afford to pay the minimum payment each month for about a year. After a year, I paid off the full balances and my credit score shot back up. During that time period, NO other company closed any of my cards, aside from Chase. I just find that unneccesary since I hadn't paid anything late - and they closed an account that had a 90% utilization anyway...I wasn't going to be able to charge more on it even if they had left it open.

I will grant you that Chris responded in a less-than-cordial tone, but accusing someone of being a Chase shill simply because he challenged your outrage is not quite supporting a positive atmosphere, either. Just sayin... :smileyhappy:

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+