Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase: World Mastercard >> Visa Signature

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Chase: World Mastercard >> Visa Signature

I am unsure if this has been posted, but I heard through the grapevine that most if not all of the cards offered through Chase as World Mastercard will be switched to Visa Signature. The Ink line of cards is the first to see the change. It is no longer offered as a WMC, and those who currently have a WMC version will get switched out once the card expires. The CSP is no longer offered as a WMC either. I am not sure if the same guidelines apply once the card expires. I was only able to find two cards offered in a Mastercard format and they were not WMC. I am unsure the reasoning behind this switch, I can only assume a more lucrative deal was met between Chase and Visa. This may also be the reason why cards without an AF i.e. the Chase Freedom may no longer be available in a Visa Signature format (to make the cards with an AF a more lucrative offering.) Although Visa Signature may offer comparable if not better benefits than the WMC, there are some features that only are offered with a WMC. I personally have a CSP/WMC and I'm more than happy with it. I hope the change for CSP is not permanent. Is this something important to you guys, are is it less fundamental as long as the main card benefits stay the same?

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase cards offered as World Mastercard changing to Visa Signature once card expires...

I just converted to a world mastercard yesterday and am getting the card this week, the girl didn't say anything about it.

Message 2 of 29
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase cards offered as World Mastercard changing to Visa Signature once card expires...

Was that the CSP or the Ink? I am unable to find the CSP offered as a WMC through their website and when one calls to apply it is only offered as a Visa Signature Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 29
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

For new applicants it's only offered in the visa signature line, you have to call after you are approved to see if you can convert it.

Message 4 of 29
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Then it might just be a rumor... but I think soon that option will expire.

Message 5 of 29
shane82388
Established Contributor

I literally just activated my new Chase Ink Cash card a few days ago and its a World Mastercard.

Message 6 of 29
Ron1
Super Contributor

It is not a rumor. I converted my Chase Freedom Visa Signature to Chase Sapphire World Mastercard about a month ago.

Ron.

Message 7 of 29
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

If they don't allow me to upgrade my Freedom to Visa Signature after the one-year mark, I will seriously consider closing it.

Message 8 of 29
mark293
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase: World Mastercard >> Visa Signature

I just received my CSP Thursday and it is WMC.
Capital One Venture- $30,000, CSP- $29,500, PenFed Promise Visa- $26,000, NASA Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $25,000, NASA Federal Credit Union PLOC- $25,000, Amex BCE- 23,500, Merrill +- $23,000, Western Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, OCCU Platinum Visa- $20,000, Randolph Brooks Federal Credit UnionPlatinum Visa- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union MasterCard- $15,000, Allied Credit Union Visa- $15,0000, BBVA NBA Amex $15,000, Houston Police Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $15,000, Amex PRG NPSL, Discover IT- $14,300, DCU Platinum Visa- $10,000, Smart Financial CU Platinum MC- $10,000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa- $7500, USAA Platinum Visa- $7000, GEMB/Dillard's-$7500.00, GEMB/JCP-$10,000
Message 9 of 29
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:
If they don't allow me to upgrade my Freedom to Visa Signature after the one-year mark, I will seriously consider closing it.

Why? Very slim differences.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.