Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Worst Bank ever ....I HATE THE WITH PASSION NOW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Worst Bank ever ....I HATE THE WITH PASSION NOW

so i got approved for 1750$ toys r us credit card i wanted the 10% off since i was going to pay like 1200$ worth baby stuff from there .... i got the card last week i was planing to go shopping there next month ..but guess what today i got a letter saying they closed  my account becuz i have too many inq on my credit report i have 13 inq. i know they r high but when u live in USA and own a business every one want to check ur credit to do business with u ... like merchant account , bank account , vendors any thing ...so these stupid banks need to get over it and change there polices about inqs . anyway what makes me mad is my acount is not even 30 days old and they open my account after checking my credit and then why would they close it with in 30 days .... nothing on my credit changed ...i just paid off my car loan ....and i owe nothing on any of my cards ..... i think CHASE, CITI ,BANK OF AMERICA AND AMEX NEED TO SHUT DOWN OR MOVE OUT OF USA AND DO BUSINESS WHERE PPL DONT ASK FOR CREDIT OR HAVE ANY INQ. OR DEBT .

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
jforsyth
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Worst Bank ever ....I HATE THE WITH PASSION NOW

It's not the end of the world.

Is this toys r us card just for a one time purchase? If so, is it really worth having accounts like that on your report just to save $120? Having a bunch of dormant accounts that you only used once might not hurt your score all that much, but it will definitely make creditors run for cover.

EQ FAKO: 779 (03/26/15)
TU FAKO: 785(03/26/15)
Citi Double Cash | Citi Forward | BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync
Message 2 of 16
voidman
Established Contributor

Saving $120 is a good reason to apply for a credit card, I would do it. With the money I have in the bank, i won't be able to earn that much in bank interests. Besides, the OP has scores in 800s, it is not going to hurt that much.

Also, chase closing the account or rejecting credit because OP has 13 inquires is quite accepted behaviour now a days. I don't see why Chase is a worst bank for this.

-void
Message 3 of 16
jforsyth
Regular Contributor

Like I said, it's not always about the scores. Pleasing the algorithms and pleasing the human beings can be two very different things.

Having a ton of accounts and inquiries will freak out creditors. Not every promotion/one time saving is worth the inquiry and having the account on your report for a minimum of 10 years.

He already admitted to getting a ton of inquiries because of his business. Why add to all of those just to save a quick buck? Not worth it in the long run if you ask me.

EQ FAKO: 779 (03/26/15)
TU FAKO: 785(03/26/15)
Citi Double Cash | Citi Forward | BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry to hear that,

bank always win !!

and imo 13 inquires in one report?? that too much, the bank scared of you, they think you will getting broke, well everything happened for reason

Message 5 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, not to be too contrary here, but if those 13 inqs were on OP's report when s/he first applied, why on earth did Chase approve the app in the first place? If they don't like inqs, they shouldn't have issued the card. If they issued the card, they shouldn't have turned around and canceled it for elements that were on the report all along.

This must be the bank equivalent of buyer's remorse. "Lenders remorse," maybe.

*** Of course, if 13 inqs popped on the report in one month's time after the card was issued, then I guess that's less surprising. Smiley Very Happy But really, since we now get inqs pulled for opening checking accounts and applying for an apartment lease and getting a cell phone and who knows, maybe for adopting a kitty, there really are a lot of bogus inqs on reports these days.

OP, I'd call back and ask someone to look at the report with you, and explain that many of these inqs were incurred in the course of your business and weren't classic seeking of credit. And I think that saving $120 is worth a getting a card, too. Especially since once that first trip is made to Toys 'R' Expensive, it's just the first of many, many more.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 16
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

+1 to Hauling!

But as to why they did this, I think this will answer it for you.  All Chase's credit analysts read Superman comics as kids.  Some of them took it all quite seriously, and some of them still do (apparently).

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just browsing on the thread and uborrow, you lifted my spirits today with your post! Thanks!

Message 8 of 16
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Smiley Mad

(Bizarro "Very Happy" emoticon)

Message 9 of 16
voidman
Established Contributor

@jforsyth wrote:

Like I said, it's not always about the scores. Pleasing the algorithms and pleasing the human beings can be two very different things.

Having a ton of accounts and inquiries will freak out creditors. Not every promotion/one time saving is worth the inquiry and having the account on your report for a minimum of 10 years.

He already admitted to getting a ton of inquiries because of his business. Why add to all of those just to save a quick buck? Not worth it in the long run if you ask me.

I agree with you to some extend but not all Smiley Happy Good credit is about saving money (I maybe wrong, but that's how I take it). Not everyone would qualify for 10% discount at Toysrus (due to bad credit).

For a large purchase if it helps to save money to apply for a card then It is not always a bad idea. OP would not have been upset if the card was not closed, he is upset because the card was closed after it was approved. I would be upset too, no doubt.

If it wasn't for the score, I would have applied for many cards that I did not want Smiley Happy.

I am not sure if the toysrus card carries some rewards as well, if yes then it would be a good card to have if the purchases at toysrus are going to be regular.

-void
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.