Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase account review

tag
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Survived a AA from Chase butttt...

@Creditplz wrote:
Well... They're closed for good, got the AF on the cards reimbursed.

I spoke to a Risk Analyst and was told that they were closed because of "too many accounts open" I'm assuming 5/24?, anyways I told her I was approved though and she said the approval process and the risk department process are two different things.. So they're shut down for good Smiley Happy I'm okay with that.

Did you have a prior banking relationship with Chase before all of this?  I'm wondering, b/c over the course of two months, I opened 3 new cc's with them and asked and recieved an increase on another card I have with them. But, I have been a Chase customer for many years.  

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 221 of 235
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
My total exposure was only 41.5k over 3 cards. It is what it is... I'll try again in a year or two Smiley Happy for now I'll just build what I have and do business with other lenders Smiley Happy!

I can honestly say that after reading MANY AA threads, this is the only one that I actually feel bad for. It truly sucks that this happened to you as you seemed to have done nothing wrong. Also, I truly like the fact that you're taking this with your head still held upright and with dignity - not one seeking pity from others... Many props to you and I hope it all works out down the road. 

Message 222 of 235
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@ramblinggirl wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:
My total exposure was only 41.5k over 3 cards. It is what it is... I'll try again in a year or two Smiley Happy for now I'll just build what I have and do business with other lenders Smiley Happy!

I would just say good riddence and never bank with them again. I am pretty sure i am going to close my NFL card for the sole fact they wont give me the Jetblue card I really wanted back in April. Chase products have been pretty medicore imo until the FU came out recently. The Chase freedom 5% catagories are meh compared to Discover most of the time and the CSP I don't really use any of their partners with the exception of the Marriott a few times a year ( Mostly Hilton properties and sometime Holiday inn).  With 3X points on travel which includes Gas and car rentals the premier is worth it for me. I already made around 5,000 points with my Premier since I opened it in early may late April.

isnt jetblue with Barclay now and previously with AMEX?

Yes and that is the problem.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 223 of 235
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Just an update, Chase reported "closed by consumer" which is fine and it shows a "paid loan" Smiley Surprised
Message 224 of 235
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@ramblinggirl wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

I would just say good riddence and never bank with them again. I am pretty sure i am going to close my NFL card for the sole fact they wont give me the Jetblue card I really wanted back in April. Chase products have been pretty medicore imo until the FU came out recently. The Chase freedom 5% catagories are meh compared to Discover most of the time and the CSP I don't really use any of their partners with the exception of the Marriott a few times a year ( Mostly Hilton properties and sometime Holiday inn).  With 3X points on travel which includes Gas and car rentals the premier is worth it for me. I already made around 5,000 points with my Premier since I opened it in early may late April.

Right, but not exactly a problem with Chase?  Hence our confusion!

Message 225 of 235
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase account review

Same thing happened to my mom and another friend.

My mom got $23K on the sapphire and $18K on the Freedom Unlimited.  Everyone here seemed to think inquiries after the fact wouldn't matter but they did.  They closed her accounts BEFORE she even got them in the mail because of the additional inquiries at PenFed and Amex.  They did say they would review the account again in 30 - 60 days if she wanted to call back and if she didn't have "too much available credit" and/or have run any debt up they would consider opening them back up (she offered to not have any accounts open but the chase ones because those are the ones she wanted).

My friend got her cards - $21K on the sapphire and $13K on the Freedom Unlimited.  They are currently reviewing her account but the same thing applies as to you - nothing at all has changed since she applied and was approved for the cards.  I don't get why in the world these places would approve people and then close them right away or do a review - shouldn't they review the credit worthiness BEFORE giving the credit?

Message 226 of 235
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
$41,500 on 1 pull Smiley Happy!

wow...congrats. Can I say you are lucky my friend!

Message 227 of 235
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Woman Very Happy  Glad things worked out well.  

Message 228 of 235
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  Woman Very Happy  Glad things worked out well.  

It didn't i think lol. Made a new thread stating they closed his/her accounts.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 229 of 235
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@ramblinggirl wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

Right, but not exactly a problem with Chase?  Hence our confusion!

Well I never said anything about Barclays or Amex... I stated I refuse to do business with banks because they refuse to give me a card and simple showed an example. I am like 90% sure I will be closing my NFL card because Barclay's refuses to give me a Jetblue card which I really wanted at the time.  In his case AA is the cause and I was stating I would never do business with them ever just because of that slight.

Message 230 of 235
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.