Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase almost scared me to death!

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Chase almost scared me to death!

Ok so after reading about another user's topic about app sprees, i decided to login to my accounts to make sure i'm safe....

And then I found out that my Chase Freedom is closed! -__________________- it says it was closed permanently and I just need to make the remaining payments on time. So I was extremely shocked and almost panicking at that time and I decided to give Chase a call.

The lady I spoke to was extremely nice and said my account was closed because a UPS mail containing the card was returned back to them as refused by receiver, so they closed the account. Chase sent out the 1st card to me via express but they missed out on the apartment number, so on Wednesday they sent out another express mail with the new card but same account number, since the CSR I spoke with said it will be faster that way rather than trying to correct the address in the 1st mail. I spent over 3000 on that card last weekend and I thought it may have been the amount I spent or my spree that got me into trouble, even though the CSR said it's due to the returned mail.

Anyhow, the phone call went on for about 15mins, before she was finally able to reopen the account. I was so worried I kept checking with her like 5 times (LOL) to make sure my account is fine and it's permanently re-opened.

I was tempted to apply for Chase Ink too yesterday morning.........After this false alarm, I am definitely going to stop my spree and minimize future sprees. Gardening time for reals now -__________-

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Chase almost scared me to death!

You're ok. You can check online to see the account is open.  Chase Ink is a good card to have.  I think you can wait for another six months. You're doing good. It's time to stop applying. To let your accounts age. 

Ron.

Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I agree with Ron1. You're account is fine but you do need to spend Spring and Summer in the Garden.
Message 3 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Yup I'm definitely gardening until end of this year at the very least. Don't wanna app for Chase ink now since they just gave me a lot in new credit lines. Think I got all my rewards covered with the cards I've got this spree. 

I checked online and my account is open again.

Thanks a lot! Smiley Very Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 7
toppers555
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Ok...lets see how long your gardening lasts! 😏

+1

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 6 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

definitely for a while. there's really nothing i want now except ink, amex bcp/bce and citi premier, all which pulls EX. I won't be approved for them even if I tried

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.