Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase & BOA hit me hard !!

tag
umair
New Contributor

Chase & BOA hit me hard !!

Hello Credit Experts....~

I'm a bit confused with the way how things work within the FICO  scoring model.. I have had some super ups and down...  But the below is super confusing....

I just re-activated my score watch for 15 bucks a month ( It s abit higher than last time ) ...  But on my Equifax report here is what I see and that makes me nervous-

1) Recent Missed Payment
2) New Account
3) Short Account History
4) Short Revolving History

My scores dipped from 637 to 617.. 

I did go on an APP spree and added Chase & BOA to my credit family.... ( 2500 for BOA & 2000 for Chase)

How long do I need to give the new account Hit to go away ? 

I need my scores back to High 600's and mid 700's !!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Chase & BOA hit me hard !!

It'll take one full year to recover if everything remains positive and you do not apply for any new accounts.

Message 2 of 8
umair
New Contributor

WOW..

I guess my only card that I wanted to apply was Apple & a CU and I was done for the year but guess not !!

Message 3 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@DI wrote:

It'll take one full year to recover if everything remains positive and you do not apply for any new accounts.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. As with many if not most things having to do with credit YMMV. 6-12 months (as reported by lots of posters) seems to be the amount of time a new account stays "new".

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 8
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

I'd worry more about that recent missed payment than new account, tbh.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
vish1
Valued Contributor

@thrasher865 wrote:

I'd worry more about that recent missed payment than new account, tbh.

+1000

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 6 of 8
halos24
Frequent Contributor

I certainly agree, I went on an app spree in Sept 2010, and yes my ficos did drop also my EQ went from 661 to 647 and even down to 609!  But, now fast forward 5-6 months later they have gone back up to 641.  Honestly, if you PIF or not really have a balance showing is what will help you keep the scores up and get them to increase but certainly don't feel 1 year unless there are other things that are going on your report.  I also agree that I would be worried about the recent lates and not the inquiries or new accounts.  Yes it counts but not as heavy! 

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 7 of 8
umair
New Contributor

Workingh hard to negotiate with Merrick Bank .. They are a Pain to deal with and so is Verizon.. But I will bug them and get this done no matter what...

BTW-- I got approved for apple for 1300 .... I might end up just taking a IPAD or Air book and Pay it off by 10 months...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.