Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase & NFCU Product Change*HELP!!!

tag
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Chase & NFCU Product Change*HELP!!!

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

I append for the Chase Amazon & Freedom Unlimited on the same day. The Chase Amazon was approved and the Freedom denied due to the recent approval. I then bumped into the Slate offer l. I would rather the balance transfer benefits of the Slate card. I'm not sure if I can product change to the Slate; if I could & did would I qualify for the 0% balance transfer.
NFCU approved for the go rewards in September 23K. Could I essentially product change to the Flagship for the lower APR & then Reapply for the Go rewards to take advantage of the balance transfer offer?

I am trying to payoff my debt so the lower the interest rate I can get the better. 0% would be optimal but I am not that lucky. Although my hardwork is slowly paying off.

Income: $ 75000
Total credit debt: approx 19K
Util: 12-17% dependent upon Cra checked.
Discover FICO: 705
Experian: 667
Eq (CK): 694

Thank for any and all input. 🤓
***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase & NFCU Product Change*HELP!!!

The answer to your question is no to Chase, and maybe to NFCU. Chase product change promos have been discussed at length on this forum, and the concensus is always that you are not eligible. Navy Federal requires that the it be a new account for the promotion to be valid, you could call in and see if they would let you apply for a Go rewards MASTERCARD and do the balance transfer promo, but I think that your chances of that happening are close to zero. 

Message 2 of 4
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Thanks
***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Just want to add that with NFCU the Flagship generally has a higher rate than the goRewards... if you want a lower rate you'll want to PC to a Platinum.Smiley Wink

navyrates.png

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.