Frequent Contributor

Chase and APR on a new account?

I recently opened a Chase Amazon Visa account. My TU score at the time was around 745. They gave me a starting CL of $6300, I just found out that my APR is 21.24%. I thought I was going to get a better rate. Is this pretty normal for Chase? I want to call and ask them to lower it, but I do not want to make waves yet, or start triggering other AA with them.

BTW my util is 18%~

Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase and APR on a new account?

going2tdc wrote:

I recently opened a Chase Amazon Visa account. My TU score at the time was around 745. They gave me a starting CL of $6300, I just found out that my APR is 21.24%. I thought I was going to get a better rate. Is this pretty normal for Chase? I want to call and ask them to lower it, but I do not want to make waves yet, or start triggering other AA with them.

BTW my util is 18%~

When I got my chase card back in february, I got an APR of 10.24% and it hasnt changed since.  I think I got a decent rate as it's part of the Military Star Card / Credit Card program?

Senior Contributor

going2tdc wrote:

BTW my util is 18%~

Well you didn't get the Signature card, so what you are reporting seems to be in line with the offered terms:

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?pdn=pricing_and_terms&card=CLBC&page_type=appter...

You did read the terms before app'ing, right?

That said you could always call and ask them why 21.24% rather than 18.24%. I doubt it would hurt. Just be prepared for a "we did what the computer told us to do" type of answer.

Frequent Contributor

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

going2tdc wrote:

BTW my util is 18%~

Well you didn't get the Signature card, so what you are reporting seems to be in line with the offered terms:

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?pdn=pricing_and_terms&card=CLBC&page_type=appter...

You did read the terms before app'ing, right?

That said you could always call and ask them why 21.24% rather than 18.24%. I doubt it would hurt. Just be prepared for a "we did what the computer told us to do" type of answer.

I read the terms, but as embarassing as it is, I have to admit, I did not notice the sig card being 13.24% while others being 18.24% or higher. I guess that explains it then. I guess I will buy a pack of gum every month with this one.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.