Frequent Contributor
going2tdc

Chase and APR on a new account?

I recently opened a Chase Amazon Visa account. My TU score at the time was around 745. They gave me a starting CL of $6300, I just found out that my APR is 21.24%. I thought I was going to get a better rate. Is this pretty normal for Chase? I want to call and ask them to lower it, but I do not want to make waves yet, or start triggering other AA with them.

BTW my util is 18%~

Frequent Contributor
JagerBombs89

Re: Chase and APR on a new account?

going2tdc wrote:

I recently opened a Chase Amazon Visa account. My TU score at the time was around 745. They gave me a starting CL of $6300, I just found out that my APR is 21.24%. I thought I was going to get a better rate. Is this pretty normal for Chase? I want to call and ask them to lower it, but I do not want to make waves yet, or start triggering other AA with them.

BTW my util is 18%~

When I got my chase card back in february, I got an APR of 10.24% and it hasnt changed since.  I think I got a decent rate as it's part of the Military Star Card / Credit Card program?

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

going2tdc wrote:

BTW my util is 18%~

Well you didn't get the Signature card, so what you are reporting seems to be in line with the offered terms:

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?pdn=pricing_and_terms&card=CLBC&page_type=appter...

You did read the terms before app'ing, right?

That said you could always call and ask them why 21.24% rather than 18.24%. I doubt it would hurt. Just be prepared for a "we did what the computer told us to do" type of answer.

Frequent Contributor
going2tdc

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

going2tdc wrote:

BTW my util is 18%~

Well you didn't get the Signature card, so what you are reporting seems to be in line with the offered terms:

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?pdn=pricing_and_terms&card=CLBC&page_type=appter...

You did read the terms before app'ing, right?

That said you could always call and ask them why 21.24% rather than 18.24%. I doubt it would hurt. Just be prepared for a "we did what the computer told us to do" type of answer.

I read the terms, but as embarassing as it is, I have to admit, I did not notice the sig card being 13.24% while others being 18.24% or higher. I guess that explains it then. I guess I will buy a pack of gum every month with this one.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}