Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and APR on a new account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase and APR on a new account?

I recently opened a Chase Amazon Visa account. My TU score at the time was around 745. They gave me a starting CL of $6300, I just found out that my APR is 21.24%. I thought I was going to get a better rate. Is this pretty normal for Chase? I want to call and ask them to lower it, but I do not want to make waves yet, or start triggering other AA with them.

BTW my util is 18%~

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: Chase and APR on a new account?

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently opened a Chase Amazon Visa account. My TU score at the time was around 745. They gave me a starting CL of $6300, I just found out that my APR is 21.24%. I thought I was going to get a better rate. Is this pretty normal for Chase? I want to call and ask them to lower it, but I do not want to make waves yet, or start triggering other AA with them.

BTW my util is 18%~

When I got my chase card back in february, I got an APR of 10.24% and it hasnt changed since.  I think I got a decent rate as it's part of the Military Star Card / Credit Card program?

Message 2 of 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

going2tdc wrote:

BTW my util is 18%~

Well you didn't get the Signature card, so what you are reporting seems to be in line with the offered terms:

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?pdn=pricing_and_terms&card=CLBC&page_type=appter...

You did read the terms before app'ing, right?

That said you could always call and ask them why 21.24% rather than 18.24%. I doubt it would hurt. Just be prepared for a "we did what the computer told us to do" type of answer.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

going2tdc wrote:

BTW my util is 18%~

Well you didn't get the Signature card, so what you are reporting seems to be in line with the offered terms:

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?pdn=pricing_and_terms&card=CLBC&page_type=appter...

You did read the terms before app'ing, right?

That said you could always call and ask them why 21.24% rather than 18.24%. I doubt it would hurt. Just be prepared for a "we did what the computer told us to do" type of answer.

I read the terms, but as embarassing as it is, I have to admit, I did not notice the sig card being 13.24% while others being 18.24% or higher. I guess that explains it then. I guess I will buy a pack of gum every month with this one.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.