cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and Amex - Where are our CARDS!?!?!?

tag
jg27

Re: Chase and Amex - Where are our CARDS!?!?!?

Try calling them. That seems like a long time to wait.

I applied for my Chase Slate on Thursday and got it today. My AMX BCE that I applied for on Saturday still has not arrived. I got an email a day or two ago saying its on its way and a letter today saying I was approved. I was afraid it was going to be a rejection letter. 

Message 11 of 20
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Took me 3.5 weeks to get my BCE.  It was pure agony...

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 12 of 20
gpfirestone
New Contributor

Have them overnight it Fedex to a local Fedex/Kinkos store where you can pick it up with your ID.  I am pretty sure they allow this for people traveling and whatnot.

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 13 of 20
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

@gpfirestone wrote:

Have them overnight it Fedex to a local Fedex/Kinkos store where you can pick it up with your ID.  I am pretty sure they allow this for people traveling and whatnot.

I would love to do that, but the closest FedEx/Kinko's is in Hawaii 2300 miles from here. I am not leaving the island to towards the states for 3 more months.

Message 14 of 20
gpfirestone
New Contributor

Where are you?  Be specific.

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

Message 15 of 20
Cageym
Established Contributor

People like Tryon2improve who is in Kwajalien, or me who is in Diego Garcia have to live with the fact that the ONLY mail service of any kind we get is USPS. And that goes through the military mail system so it's slower. During a slow time of year I can get a priority shipped item in 1.5 to 2 weeks.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 16 of 20
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

@Cageym wrote:

People like Tryon2improve who is in Kwajalien, or me who is in Diego Garcia have to live with the fact that the ONLY mail service of any kind we get is USPS. And that goes through the military mail system so it's slower. During a slow time of year I can get a priority shipped item in 1.5 to 2 weeks.

To piggy back on this statement:  Pallets of mail often get shipped to the wrong APO address.  Unlike when it gets sent to the wrong town over and fixed in a day or two, the pallet can be shipped 5000-7000 miles away and take weeks to get corrected (if not longer).  I got a magazine last week that was sent October 4th.  YAY MPS.

Cageym, thanks for you service (either military, DoD or contractor).  You looking forward to tomorrow like we are??

Message 17 of 20
gpfirestone
New Contributor

Well, I can't suggest much more than this if you want it faster.  But I have a friend in the Navy who flies across the Pacific in a fighter jet and makes stops at those airfields (not sure if yours or another in the Pacific) and I know this from the FB photos posted, but I would say if its really taking forever you could ask one of the Pilots who makes a frequent stopover to arrange to get it for you in the states.  Other than that yeah you are way out there but a cool place to live!

Message 18 of 20
Cageym
Established Contributor

"Cageym, thanks for you service (either military, DoD or contractor). You looking forward to tomorrow like we are?? "

I'm a contractor, retired AF, so it really won't affect me. Besides, even if it did what the heck would I spend it on out here. LOL

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 19 of 20
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

They found them!!  As suspected, they made it to Diego Garcia, then took a 3 week journey to get back to me.  At least my Platinum is now activated and been put to good use!

I did not realize that you get SPG Gold status with membership!  I am now being taunted by the creditcards.com "exclusive" PRG 50,000 MR offer.  Transferring at 1:1 to SPG would be awesome, it equates to about 15 nights of stays.

Oh yeah the discount with Hertz was about 50% on my rental car reservation.

Love Love Love

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.