Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and CLI's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase and CLI's

Anyone had any luck getting Chase to raise your cl?

I've had a card through for a year as of last month, and was kind of hoping they'd raise my cl after the one year mark.  There used to be a link to request an increase on their website, but now it's gone.  The card I had gotten through them was a Regal Entertainment Card.  Then, late last year, they did away with the Regal, and now they sent me just a regular credit card through them with the same CL, but no rewards. Maybe that's why?

And, they've been my bank since 2005 too, with no blemishes, so should I just call or wait it out a little longer?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Chase and CLI's

Dont feel bad. I have Starbucks card issued by Chase since last april. I did not get any CLI. I asked few times and no luck.
Message 2 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have not had an auto CLI from Chase in 2 years.  And if you ask for one, it is a hard pull (EQ in my case)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

There have been a couple sparse posting about Chase auto CLIs, but I wouldn't hold my breath for one. They took the CLI link away, and I know JP Morgan has also taken many billions in bailout funds, so my guess is that they are scaling back liability.

And as MV said, if you ask for a CLI, Chase WILL hard you. 

Here we go again...
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a bummer.  I'm trying to bring up my cl's and it's sad when a bank you've been with won't give you a cli after a year of having a card ): Plus, to top it all off, GEMB lowered my cl for no reason, I've always paid everything in full before their bill's due, and never paid interest on their high interest Walmart card, and got increases every four months till they cut my cl by more than half yesterday.

In terms of Chase, I'll just wait it out I guess.... I don't know if it's worth the hard pull right now at least.

Message 5 of 11
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Chase gave me a 300 auto cli on freedom card's 6 month mark
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 6 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

My last Chase cli was either Sept. or Oct. '08. They come erratically - maybe once a year, maybe every 6 months. 

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 7 of 11
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

I have had my Chase Amazon card since 11/1/08.  Initially they gave me a CL of $1680 (Weird Number) a month later they increased me to $2180 (Still weird, but i wont complain).  Anyway makes my wondering if I will get anymore increases as the card ages.  Also, My wamu card is about to become chase next month.. I had my wamu over a year. I've had a great payment record with but never got any increases from wamu (never asked either) I am hoping when chase switches to them they will increase my credit after seeing how well i;ve manage it.  I can dream right?Smiley Very Happy
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Chase Disney card I got in Jan 08 with initial 6500 cl,Which I was pleasantly surprised to get.Fast forward to Feb '09,I'm thinking Ive had the card for 1 year,no lates low utilization,no derogs.I apply for cli.I get the "we'll let you know response.Within 1 week I check online and new cl is 15,000.They pulled TU,my score 701.I'm hoping as an added bonus this may give a little boost to my Ficos.

Message 9 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Chase Disney card I got in Jan 08 with initial 6500 cl,Which I was pleasantly surprised to get.Fast forward to Feb '09,I'm thinking Ive had the card for 1 year,no lates low utilization,no derogs.I apply for cli.I get the "we'll let you know response.Within 1 week I check online and new cl is 15,000.They pulled TU,my score 701.I'm hoping as an added bonus this may give a little boost to my Ficos.

Very nice. If I were you I would use this card a lot.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.