cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and Capital One Have no hassle rewards. What about Discover and Costco Citi?

tag
delaney1
Established Contributor

Chase and Capital One Have no hassle rewards. What about Discover and Costco Citi?

It's really easy to make sure the correct number of points have been credited to my account with C1 and Chase. Could I expect the same with Discover and Citi Costco, or will I have to check my numbers because there's a long delay in having points credited?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase and Capital One Have no hassle rewards. What about Discover and Costco Citi?

Discover is delayed and no clear info provided on how you earned the points that I can find. On the + side, ppl here say they are very reliable for awarding accurate points.

I know nothing about Costco.

Edited because I was distracted by shiney objects and repeated myself. 

Message 2 of 5
delaney1
Established Contributor

Re: Chase and Capital One Have no hassle rewards. What about Discover and Costco Citi?

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover is delayed and no clear info provided on how you earned the points that I can find. On the + side, ppl here say they are very reliable for awarding accurate points.

I know nothing about Costco.

Edited because I was distracted by shiney objects and repeated myself. 

Thank you for that info! 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have Costco, but for Discover it is no hassle. When a statement hits, there is a cashback tracker. There is a category "cashback bonus earned". Online, you click on it and it drops down a menu breaking down the categories as Q#: Categories that are 5%, Discover Deals and Promos, and Everywhere Else. It doesn't show each transaction, but it should be easy to tell.

I made a purchase with Amazon on the 31st of last year only for the transaction to post on the 1st of January. I when onto chat and in minutes, a rep credited me the other 4% without any hassle, and I offered to forward my purchase order email to them. Discover has been one of the easiest banks that I have dealt with.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Citi Costco. They send a reward voucher annually with your February statement. Take it to Costco serive desk and you are cashed out. Even though I signed up in November, I was happy with a $30+ reward this Feb due to Holiday spending and taking advantage of the zero interest for 7 months.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.