Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and Disney PC?? HUMMMM

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Chase and Disney PC?? HUMMMM

So as we bought DVC (Disney vacation club timeshare) they offer the Disney rewards card with a $100 sign up bonus, bogus rewards BUT DW wants it, who am I to question, apped got it $15K CL OK cool, well this card is NOT the premiere, and of course DW wants the design that ONLY comes on the premiere card....so after the first statement cut I called and asked to upgrade, just like it says on the DVC website.....after explaining I wanted to PC they sent me to a supervisor who said you cant PC for a year because of the Card Act. OK so he said you could app again for the card (no thanks like 17 apps already on CRs) while telling him that the wife wants the design and I cant go back empty handed, although i understand their hands are tied, can they do ANYTHING for me? At this point the supervisor is laughing and "totally understands my dilemma" says that since the website says you can upgrade without telling you you have to wait a year, he will escalate it to EO with an explanation for my specific issue....all the time I know he is looking at my accounts with Chase (checking, savings, and 6 CC accounts) he says since you are a great customer give us a week and we will get back to you.......NICE I love stuff like this, will let you know what happens.....all this for a mouse....and hopefully a REALLY happy wife....LOL

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: Chase and Disney PC?? HUMMMM

@odd_dog wrote:

So as we bought DVC (Disney vacation club timeshare) they offer the Disney rewards card with a $100 sign up bonus, bogus rewards BUT DW wants it, who am I to question, apped got it $15K CL OK cool, well this card is NOT the premiere, and of course DW wants the design that ONLY comes on the premiere card....so after the first statement cut I called and asked to upgrade, just like it says on the DVC website.....after explaining I wanted to PC they sent me to a supervisor who said you cant PC for a year because of the Card Act. OK so he said you could app again for the card (no thanks like 17 apps already on CRs) while telling him that the wife wants the design and I cant go back empty handed, although i understand their hands are tied, can they do ANYTHING for me? At this point the supervisor is laughing and "totally understands my dilemma" says that since the website says you can upgrade without telling you you have to wait a year, he will escalate it to EO with an explanation for my specific issue....all the time I know he is looking at my accounts with Chase (checking, savings, and 6 CC accounts) he says since you are a great customer give us a week and we will get back to you.......NICE I love stuff like this, will let you know what happens.....all this for a mouse....and hopefully a REALLY happy wife....LOL

You know what they say...."Happy wife, happy life" Smiley Wink Hope you get your upgrade to the premier card. Congrats btw, on the approval!

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the Chase Debit card not offer this design?

Message 3 of 21
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I do not know Nixon I will look BUT my DW with a DEBIT card? Sweet Jesus I would be OVERDRAWN in about 3 hours LOL!!!  Thanks for that tip will look now just to see what they have.....

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I do not know Nixon I will look BUT my DW with a DEBIT card? Sweet Jesus I would be OVERDRAWN in about 3 hours LOL!!!  Thanks for that tip will look now just to see what they have.....

LOL, I understand completely. There's a thing about the debit offering the same benefits as the CC.

Message 5 of 21
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

OK checked out the debit version, yup you are right Nixon, debit has same perks as CC BUT the designs are totally different....PURE DISNEY pay for the "special" designs!!  I expected nothing less from them.....LOL!!!

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with the change over! My wife wanted that card as soon as she turned 18 a few years back. She applied at 21 and was approved. Tell her there are better cards out there that pay more than 1% (she has the regular version) but she doesn't want to pay the $49 a year, which is pocket change, to get the extra 1% on the other categories. She likes her Cinderella castle design and there is no changing it. I recently stopped using it, as an AU, and moved to my Double Cash. My cash back still goes to Disney as we take a trip once or twice a year. Just get back double! I only cash out rewards when paying for the bill when we get back. Perk to the card gets the 0% for 6 months, which we use until the bonus checks come in.

"Happy wife, happy life" all the way!

Message 7 of 21
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

Good luck with the change over! My wife wanted that card as soon as she turned 18 a few years back. She applied at 21 and was approved. Tell her there are better cards out there that pay more than 1% (she has the regular version) but she doesn't want to pay the $49 a year, which is pocket change, to get the extra 1% on the other categories. She likes her Cinderella castle design and there is no changing it. I recently stopped using it, as an AU, and moved to my Double Cash. My cash back still goes to Disney as we take a trip once or twice a year. Just get back double! I only cash out rewards when paying for the bill when we get back. Perk to the card gets the 0% for 6 months, which we use until the bonus checks come in.

LOL YAY!!! I am NOT alone!!!   the fact of 2% with the premiere is cool and you are right $49 a year is pocket change.....I just wish Citi AA cards had "pretty designs" so I could get her to spend and accumulate AA miles!!!  NOTE to self call Citi later.......

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

it does.. We have a debit card from chase like that.  For some reason, I can't load the image on here... if you have the premier checking, they should do it for you automatically.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

LOL YAY!!! I am NOT alone!!!   the fact of 2% with the premiere is cool and you are right $49 a year is pocket change.....I just wish Citi AA cards had "pretty designs" so I could get her to spend and accumulate AA miles!!!  NOTE to self call Citi later.......

I wish other lenders had options for designs as well. My Double Cash isn't bad looking, but would love to change both my Travel Rewards and Arrival.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.