Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and FirstUSA

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Chase and FirstUSA

I applied in-store at Toys R Us over the weekend after a rep promoted it. I pulled TC and saw that FirstUSA did a hard pull. Do you guys know the relationship between Chase and FirstUSA? The last time I remember FirstUSA was over 10 years ago in my college days. Back then we would app just to get that free shirt or tall mug (aka beer stein).
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase and FirstUSA

I have a Chase Cash Rebate card, and when I requested a CLI in October it came from First USA.  I assume it just shows up that way.
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

First USA merged with Bank One, which merged with Chase. (Don't know that "merged" is the correct verb, but that's the most generic I can come up with at the moment!)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
First USA merged with Bank One, which merged with Chase. (Don't know that "merged" is the correct verb, but that's the most generic I can come up with at the moment!)

Umm, consumed comes to mind.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:
The last time I remember FirstUSA was over 10 years ago in my college days. Back then we would app just to get that free shirt or tall mug (aka beer stein).

llecs, if you went to UW or UofI, I may have actually thrown one of those t-shirts at you. I had recently graduated from college and thought that this was a good way to make some quick money...and I made a lot of it. LOL.Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Junejer wrote:

@llecs wrote:
The last time I remember FirstUSA was over 10 years ago in my college days. Back then we would app just to get that free shirt or tall mug (aka beer stein).

llecs, if you went to UW or UofI, I may have actually thrown one of those t-shirts at you. I had recently graduated from college and thought that this was a good way to make some quick money...and I made a lot of it. LOL.Smiley Very Happy

Nope. Not me. Went to school in FL and VA. I first went to a small school that was dry school. A group of us would always app in a group and get a large mug with lid and straw and it always had something cheezy on the side but they always had the VISA logo on it. We were the ones who would show up to a party somewhere with mugs in tow. Campus police never bothered to open our mugs but would go after the ones with the party cups. Thank you VISA.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.